Recent content by SVBJECT

1. SVBJECT

Who's using a throne with a back rest?

I swear by mine, but I don't use it! Nah, I use an Ahead Spinal Glide with backrest. I love the throne. Rarely do I use the backrest, but I like it there. It's good to gauge my sitting position while practicing, it's good for posture because if I can feel it I sit up straighter so I can't. I...
  2. SVBJECT

Apartment Living - Electric kit vs Mesh Heads LV cymbals

When I took up the drums at 14 my parents more or less soundproofed my bedroom (loft conversion so was already a "room within a room" with a load of insulation between. It did not work for an acoustic but I've lugged a few bits of the heavy rubber mating house to house ever since. Right now I...
  3. SVBJECT

Poly Rhythm Fun!

I don't entirely follow you but sure, if your playing 1 pattern in 3s and 1 in 4s that's a polyrythm. However sounds a little forced, your audio output will be polyrythmic but your playing itself doesn't do much to exercise your abilities, I'd I understand you right! I used to spend a long time...
  4. SVBJECT

Poly Rhythm Fun!

Me and my band have been working on a 4s over 7s groove. Obviously that's mostly me being the drummer, the guitar is following the kick pattern in 7. But now the guitarist is adding the vocals while playing and he's starting to understand what we all go through :ROFLMAO: However, the question...
  5. SVBJECT

My drum-related home brew

It's rare these days that I hear a list of breweries where I've literally not heard of any of them!
  6. SVBJECT

What brewery? If you don't mind me asking
  7. SVBJECT

Term for ostinato background vocals?

Not call and response, but when I read this, this is what I had in mind: Or I suppose this isn't miles off: (both videos set to start just before the points I'm talking about) I suppose the first could be under the broader category of as @Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX said, Chant, and the second, a bit...
  8. SVBJECT

Recording and sharing with an E-kit

Question 1 I bought an eDRUMin10 to go with a cheap kit and it's great, I think the best budget option that I've seen. Get the cheapest pads that you can work with (feel wise) make doesn't matter, if you can patch the kit together with second hand go for it if its cheaper. No need for a...
  9. SVBJECT

Electronic Drumkit into MPC

Funnily enough I was about to rehash more or less this exact same thread that I posted about the same time on the mpc forum. However it's not that. But yes mismatched sample rates was the bane of my existence for many years teaching myself how computer music worked, but I finally learnt. Now...
  10. SVBJECT

I can't play on a different kit

Firstly, if I had 2 kits, 1 for practice 1 for gigging, I'd make their set ups as close as possible. Practice is a bit redundant if it's not relevant, the gigging kit should replicate the kit you practice on. In regards to other people's, maybe just try repositioning your practice kit every...
  11. SVBJECT

I love Tama drums.......but my friend Joel Loh doesn't.

Perhaps the thread could have been called "I love Tama but my friend Joel doesn't," as opposed to equating one friend (of yours and a stranger to the rest of us) with 8 billion people.
  12. SVBJECT

I love Tama drums.......but my friend Joel Loh doesn't.

Bit confused what your point is? Or rather where it's coming from and why you say that before agreeing with a contrary statement? Can you reference anyone on here saying something bad about Tama? Can you link to a reference of Tama being slated? Where do you get this notion people don't like...
  13. SVBJECT

Awesome! But Grain is Malt!?
  14. SVBJECT

Free Educational Resources - Websites, Blogs, Youtube

As and when your not entirely based on iOS I will be very interested.
  15. SVBJECT

The Perfect Movie

Can't say I'm too much of a movie person, I watch a lot more TV series than films, and furthermore I tend to be quite picky mood-wise about my movies, making one that I can happily just watch from any point at any time not possible. But there's a few that might come close: -The Matrix - needs...
Back