Recent content by Supernoodle

1. Supernoodle

Don't Stop Believin' (Journey) - The Drum-Setup Edition!

Like the way you have set up your toms! Mine are the same (plus a 16 on the right). So many drummers prefer only two toms with massive space for the ride and big gap from rack to floor... Great playing, and playing open-handed seems to simplify that song.
  2. Supernoodle

Sheffield Songo - (Peter Fernandes)

Wow, excellent playing! Also I vote this for one of the the best home recorded drums on here. Do you have just overheads to pick up the toms?
  3. Supernoodle

What are your all time top 3 cover versions of your favourite songs?

Weird Al: Eat it She drives like crazy Can't watch this
  4. Supernoodle

What I've learned since I started recording myself

It's great to hear what your drums can sound like when mic'ed like in a studio. I also found surprisingly little difference between snares (wood, metal, piccolo...) in recorded sound. Rimshots especially seem to be similar on any snare.
  5. Supernoodle

Dennis Chambers appreciation post

My favourite DC work is with French guitarist Bireli Lagrene, on the albums "Front Page" (2001) and "Foreign Affairs" (1988). Also the track Blue Matter with Scofield is a classic. Check them out In the studio messing about... :)
  6. Supernoodle

Tom and snare rims

Another issue is live micing. Lots of sound people use clip on mics which only fit standard triple-flange hoops.
  7. Supernoodle

Adler Technique (Henry Adler)

Fabulous! Is that the famous "Henry Adler Video" that someone flogged for years on rmmp? Watching now, love those old and wise instructors... Edit: never seen traditional grip explained this way (at 9:00), it makes sense!!
  8. Supernoodle

How do most enthusiasts view this guy?

Wow - thought he was wearing a face mask there for a minute! :)
  9. Supernoodle

Partido Alto example by Goran Rista

wow that sounds difficult! Seems to me the vocal lines end on 1, instead of starting on one...
  10. Supernoodle

Drums Only...

Very nice! Great idea to just record the drums, most covers have the original mixed on top, which can cover up mistakes, and also uses copyrighted material without permission. Wish I was that tight, and I've been playing for 30 years :o
  11. Supernoodle

How do most enthusiasts view this guy?

I've been to several of his solo performances and he was very friendly and soft-spoken. Wouldn't blame anybody for trying to make money out of their work. Also I imagine meeting loads of fans personally can be stressful. On a side note, fans of Bozzio's Zappa recordings will notice a very...
  12. Supernoodle

Favorite song

Fancy Poultry
  13. Supernoodle

Traditional grip and high tom

Found another clip where Tony Williams' technique can be seen clearly (at 1:23) Looks like a lot of arm motion for singles on the floor tom!
  14. Supernoodle

yeah, like maybe a little more inwards than 'handshake' position. Check out his 1985 clinic, part 1 To be honest I don't quite know how he did it! Same with Buddy's left hand, a bit of a mystery...
  15. Supernoodle

Seems you are using 'palm upwards'. Most players angle their wrist inwards, which means holding on to the stick only using your thumb for larger strokes. If you don't want to let go like that watch Tony Williams, he uses the 'inward' angle with full grip, but then the range of motion is...