Recent content by Steamer

1. Steamer

Auction For All Of You Neil Fans

That's special Bob :} ... on that happy note I think i'm of to peruse the nude pictures of Helena Christensen in the "drummers" section before Bernhard sends them to space...LOL!!!
  2. Steamer

Some days you just need a good laugh Bob especially when you need a diversion from looking at the current global markets. Any stock or mutual funds holders out there? I hear the 7/11 is having a good run on razor blades at present...LOL!! I hope whoever just spent over 12k on this kit gets...
  3. Steamer

Okay enough with all jokes or jabs since I have nothing "vested" in this sale whatsover and certainly nothing to pissed off about in regards to what I choose to play. Each to their own on how they want to spend their money on or what makes them happy to play as a musician in life... in that...
  4. Steamer

5 new tracks up from the Q5-Jazz Collective

Check out the 5 new tracks the Q5-Jazz Collective has been working on in the studio over the last few months now up on our player on our MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/q4jazz Branters Bounce Get In The Lovely Ones The Night Is Cool Mysterious Smile Some very fresh sounding originals...
  5. Steamer

Dinner with John: video clip from rec. studio

Here's a video/audio clip to share from a recording project done this July with some dear friends of mine all in town at the time for our teaching stint at a jazz workshop. Len from London, England, Rob up from the States and Jared and myself from East Vancouver. The studio used for the full...
  6. Steamer

Alexandrov Burrows & Taylor - Besame Mucho

Besame Mucho (with a twist) Kristian Alexandrov_piano, Jared Burrows_guitar, Stan Taylor_drums. Live from Jazz@Presentation House Studio.. Video clip courtesy of TaterWorks, in support of our local music community.. Thanks for watching. Enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ojZN9T9Hvs
  7. Steamer

Hank Jones R.I.P.

Last of the brothers gone......... Thank you for all you brought to the music Mr Jones! http://www.news1130.com/news/world/article/55968--jazz-pianist-hank-jones-dies-at-91-at-a-nyc-hospital
  8. Steamer

Agop 30th Anniversary Series PHOTOS

Here's a photo collection of my new Agop 30th Anniversary set of cymbals. First set selected from the first ones in Canada from 10-30th 22" rides. 10-30th 20" rides and 10 pairs of the 14" 30th hats. First up the new stamp logo. No ink on these pies. Followed by front and back shots and a...
  9. Steamer

Agop NAMM 2010: 30th Anniversary cymbals

Here's some pics and info about the new 30th Aniversary line of cymbals for 2010 being shown this week at NAMM. NAMM photos courtesy Istanbul Agop on twitter: http://twitter.com/IstanbulAgop Promo posters of 30th line and new Xist additions courtesy Istanbul Agop...
  10. Steamer

Sample tracks from new trio CD and upcoming quartet CD

2 sample tracks from the new Jared Burrows Trio CD release "Aspects" and a couple of tracks from a upcoming yet to be released Jared Burrows Quartet recording can be found here: http://jaredburrows.com/music Enjoy !
  11. Steamer

"Tune For Dewey" The West Coast Art Trio YouTube

Here's a YouTube clip from a recent performance of the West Coast Art Trio in concert featuring an original by the leader Bruce Freedman called "Tune for Dewey" . Full on group improv featuring a solo of my own during this wild musical ride :} This trio has been a working unit for 12 years now...
  12. Steamer

22" OM ride cymbal 2345g Outstanding!

Unloaded a set of my Agops that weren't seeing as much use as the rest of my collection to a dear old friend in need of some pies this week for his new kit. What to do now...well..... buy another one from my favorite place on earth :} Picked up a new 22" OM ride from 10 flesh from the factory...
  13. Steamer

The Grand Master Buddy Rich

Quite honestly I think he was just way to busy leading countless Big Bands over many decades all over the world not to mention countless large ensemble recording projects to cover any small group situations. If you dig deep enough you may find some smaller group stuff with him as a sideman...
  14. Steamer

The Grand Master Buddy Rich

One of the truly great Big Band drummers of all time. When he hit a home run being at the top of his game in a large ensemble no one could touch him in this setting. For me that's his GREATEST achievement and footprint legacy he left behind in the music. Here's some footage of Buddy at the top...
  15. Steamer

Royal City Shout /The Jared Burrows Quartet

Last of a series of 3 videos from the same Jared Burrows Quartet concert as the earlier clips. This time an original fun to blow on tune by our pianist Lorne Kellet. A burning dynamic little uptempo number featuring a extended drum solo over a vamp. Big fun.....:}...
Back