Ruok's latest activity

• Ruok
    Ruok reacted to Bernhard's post in the thread Cleaner Forum without Google ads... with Like Like.
    As we discussed already: Google doesn't like Drummerworld Forum Discussions. When we discuss beating (Drum-)Heads with Sticks - digging...
  • Ruok
    Ruok posted the thread Tiny Drums. in Drums.
    I don't know if this was posted before (I searched and found nothing), but I just love those black dot heads. :geek:
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread First drum heads.
    How we personally perceive the sound of drumheads can be very different. I find Evans heads to be generally less lively than Remo...
  • Ruok
    When I first bought my Remo MasterEdge kit, I started to tune them individually and then place them in position. I tuned the floor tom...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread Church Drummer Playing Too Loud?.
    From the reaction of the people, I think they secretly hoped that he (or she) wasn't. :rolleyes:
  • Ruok
    Bought an electric guitar off a friend in the mid 80s. I still have it and still play it. At first all I did was play the easy chords...
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to Auspicious's post in the thread Special music with Like Like.
    Hello, everyone. I spend much more time listening to music then.. playing. I have a job using a computer where it's often possible for...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread My favorite sticks.
    Some here may know that I've been wondering if Promark has a certain general sound that I prefer compared to other brands. For decades...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread Why are Vater sticks cheaper???.
    I've really liked Vater for a long time now and their 5A Maple is one of my favorites, and the 8A too. But I'm starting to think that...
  • Ruok
    Ruok replied to the thread I'm just finding this out NOW?!!!!!.
    In my case, I switched from a French grip to German not that long ago (it's been a year or two I think, maybe more) because of pain in...
  • Ruok
    Max Weinberg has had MANY surgeries. It wouldn’t shock me if this is true of quite a few big names. The amount of practice and gigging...
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to mrfingers's post in the thread I'm just finding this out NOW?!!!!! with Like Like.
    But I think every grip demands decent wrist strength and control of the downward motion of the sticks. At some point that control allows...
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to brentcn's post in the thread I'm just finding this out NOW?!!!!! with Like Like.
    I’m literally following Bill Bachman on this. A relaxed, extended index finger suffices for most drumming. The tip of the index can, if...
  • Ruok
    Ruok reacted to TJK's post in the thread I'm just finding this out NOW?!!!!! with Like Like.
    I remember my teacher on me always about the clenched index and thumb when I was double stroking. Grip the middle finger he would say...
  • Ruok
    This is the one topic in drumming I have zero emotional distance from. I go from calm to raging in literally two seconds over this...