Recent content by roncadillac

1. roncadillac

Musical heirlooms

Well said, couldn't agree more.
  2. roncadillac

Taller snare stands

I have the Gibraltar double braced concert stand. I just measured it: From the floor to top of the base tube (where the upper tube with the snare basket fits in, the plastic compression sleeve with wing nut that allows for height adjustment) is about 21" From the floor to the gear tilter on...
  3. roncadillac

Pearl CHB830 question

DCP is sending me the mounting bracket today, at no extra charge of course. Great customer service!
  4. roncadillac

Cleaner Forum without Google ads...

I can't tell you how many times those stupid ads had a 5 or so second delay causing me to accidentally tap/click on them. Happy to see them go! Hopefully this doesn't have a huge impact on gains on an admin level. Thanks for a great forum!
  5. roncadillac

First gig since the pandemic

Nice job, tight playing, great to see people out playing music, and bonus points for the 2pc!
  6. roncadillac

Musical heirlooms

I don't have anyone to pass anything too unfortunately. If I ever have a kid I'm going to be one of those parents who forces them to play piano so they'll probably hate any memory of instruments in relation to me haha. On the other hand, right before my wedding I was given my great...
  7. roncadillac

Kit for Wedding Band

I'm a huge fan of the 2pc set up. I used a 2pc with just a ride for a year or two with my last band and was the house drummer at a local hip hop show with just a 2pc and hats + ride. So much fun.
  8. roncadillac

Throw In The Towel

Nice tip, thanks! I use the brush attachment on my vacuum which means I can get the whole thing in minutes, except under the lugs... That area is perpetually dusty lol.
  9. roncadillac

Kit for Wedding Band

I personally would stick with the 18/12/14 cat and invest in a mic set, small mixing board, and powered speaker. You can mic and mix yourself then dump into a small speaker, or set of speakers, to boost your volume in the mix or if you band uses a pa you can send out to their speakers and blend...
  10. roncadillac

Gig bags for Manu Katche Jr kit

Here are the dimensions from pearl's website for the midtown bag set, I really think these will do the trick for you. Sweetwater (not sure if they ship outside the US) has them for $119us: "Bag Set includes (2) 27.5"(L) x 15"(W) x 15"(D) multi-drum bags and 18"(W) x 16"(D) bass drum bag."
  11. roncadillac

Thanks! Even though I'm only about 5 miles off the ocean (not sure of the kilometer conversion, sorry @Griffin. Wait, do you guys use K or M? lol) I'm slightly above halfway up the coast from the bottom. With the storm's current weakening it shouldn't be much by the time it gets up to me later...
  12. roncadillac

Ooo... Yes, I hear Australia can be tough (especially right now!). I wish you luck. I'd pull mine out and measure the insides but I'm on the Eastern coast of Florida about to get hit by a storm and have everything packed away for a couple days just in case.
  13. roncadillac

Pearl CHB830 question

They got right back to me, very apologetic, and are taking care of it. I didn't expect any less, their communication is always great and they have an excellent reputation for customer service. I think this was a minor packing mistake, it is a crazy time in the world for retail.
  14. roncadillac

Look at the pearl midtown bag set. The bass drum bag is for a 16x14 but it's got room to spare, mine certainly does and I'm sure it could fit 1" of extra depth. The other bag fits a 10x7, 13x12, and 13x5.5 with some room to spare. I'm almost positive you could fit your bass drum in the bass...
  15. roncadillac

Pearl CHB830 question

Well, good news/bad news situation here. I received my shipment today, very quick, unfortunately I was shorted the mounting bracket and was sent just the cymbal arm itself. I went back and double checked the listing on their website to make sure I didn't misread it and sure enough it says two...