Recent content by R2112

1. R2112

What's your latest purchase?

Major congrats Doug! I can honestly say, my Guru Ovangkol snare is by far the most amazing sounding wood snare I've ever played or heard. I've tried buying other wood snares but that dang Guru just keeps beating them all....I guess it's saving me money, ha!
  2. R2112

Lol, hey Larry! It's a Morf-Ring by Morfbeats. I believe it's solid diamond plate steel. About 1/16" thick. It feels like it weighs around a pound. I was at Carter's Masterclass last Sunday. 5.5 hours of awesomeness! He was giving away a bunch of gear and I was lucky enough to snag it...
  3. R2112

Not really a purchase. I won this at Carter McLean's recent Masterclass last weekend. This thing is so much fun! It gives me a cool new pallet of sound to play with. 14" Morph-Ring
  4. R2112

Best shuffles?

Check out Ash Soan. Smooth as silk... https://www.instagram.com/p/BjVD_mXHAak/?hl=en&taken-by=ashsoan
  5. R2112

22" Istanbul Agop Signature Medium Ride. 2548g. I Played Carter McLean's when I was at his home studio recently and fell in love with it. I simply had to own one. Out of all the cymbals I've owned and played over the past 3 decades...this one stands out above them all! Sonically beautiful...
  6. R2112

Absolutely incredible drums! Congratulations!
  7. R2112

Congrats!! This is one offering from DW that's actually intrigued me. Are all the ply's Norwegian Spruce?
  8. R2112

Me playing another cool song recently at my church :)

This is the full service. So, start the video at 6:40 to hear the song. Super fun song to play with great energy! Hope you all enjoy it. :) https://vimeo.com/224838322
  9. R2112

Great find! Looking forward to seeing the final product. Nice choice on the wrap, btw. I'm kinda partial to champagne sparkle ;)
  10. R2112

Nice score! The CP1 has become my most favorite practice pad I've ever used. Carter Mclean referred me to Reflexx. I figured hey, if it's good enough for him...lol. I had some questions before I purchased one. So I contacted Relexx. Guy Licata (the founder) was very gracious and exceeded...
  11. R2112

Nice. Mine is 1680g
  12. R2112

Ha, Carter has been responsible for that with me as well. He recently referred me to some Index shakers. They're now my favorite shakers! Great new addition Doug! I have that same cymbal. Beautiful crash. It has quickly become my favorite. What's the weight of yours?
  13. R2112

Me playing a cool song recently at my church

This is me playing with one of our church bands on the main stage at my church a few months ago. (my cymbals but not my drums) The service had a fun song set but the song I really liked playing is at the end of the service. It has a good groove but the build at the end of the song is my favorite...
  14. R2112

Anyone have experience with these heads?

I'm guessing they're a new product? Man, I never get tired of hearing Carter play. https://youtu.be/vkT2JoGK1KY
  15. R2112

That's nice looking! I'm going to look into one of those.
Back