Recent content by Push pull stroke

1. P

How a Paiste gong is made

Im not sure if I prefer Paistes or Wuhans. Wuhans are mostly all I ever played back in the day, but I like the edginess of the Paiste sound too.
  2. P

What's your latest purchase?

Gotta love that cast aluminum sound. The only snare I’m sorry I sold was my Pearl Ultracast aluminum drum.
  3. P

U.S Riots

This is not without precedent. There were plenty of riots in the 1960s as well. I wish there were other ways people could express themselves, and, like Andy said, there’s a small group that have selfish intent within the larger honestly frustrated protestors.
  4. P

The roots of drumming—Downfall of Paris

The orchestral percussion world is ridiculously small, and even the entire orchestral music world is small. The drumming world is a lot bigger, especially since Ringo and the Beatles appeared on Ed Sullivan in ‘64, but it’s still a pretty small group of folks at the level of working pros.
  5. P

I’m now feeling the beat at 20 BPMs

I reckon Tommy Lee might. And any of the metal guys from back in the day.
  6. P

I went up on the roof of the building ONCE, and got caught by SMU police, and written up in the weekly campus paper. LOL My favorite memories are probably seeing the DSO play a few great concerts. When I was there, you could sit behind the orchestra in the choral terrace at the new hall, and...
  7. P

The studio was much bigger by then, and he was trying to hand off most teaching duties of undergrads to adjuncts. He was still pretty pissed about the whole thing. I’m lucky I even got credit for it. It was partially his fault for not staying on top of it, though.
  8. P

I just wonder about those pool parties....I assume no girls were invited LOL
  9. P

Must have been nice. I was so stressed for my recital that I had to take a 25 mg beta blocker to get through it. I totally blew my junior recital, didn’t even TELL Doug about it until after it happened, and didn’t even manage to get it recorded. Which was a blessing. I might as well have been...
  10. P

😂😂😂😂😂 😂😂😂😂😂 may i add 😂😂😂😂😂 Yes, Dr. Palmer. Loved the dude, but still had to retake his Classical music history class. My head was NOT in the game for Medieval and Classical.
  11. P

She was straight-up brutal. The worst was that I didn’t get to have her for Romantic, which at least has a lot of good orchestral rep. I had her for Medieval, the lamest snoozefest of a class ever. I was seriously afraid I wouldn’t graduate on time. That whole year , my senior year, just...
  12. P

I guess Shawn must have gotten sick of that, understandably. He was teaching lessons and gigging when I knew him. I don’t think he was too excited about teaching 4-mallet marimba to people whose focus was elsewhere, but we both made a good-faith effort. I hope he’s doing OK. This is not a good...
  13. P

LOL He must have retired. We just had Turrentine, Mayer-Martin, and an organ professor who also did music history.
  14. P

How did you avoid Turrentine? I had him twice, once for Romantic and once for Medieval. Got the big D- for Medieval, then had to retake it under Mayer-Martin, the toughest professor I’ve ever had. LOL Seriously, she was rough. There was a kid that had someone pull the fire alarm during one of...
  15. P

Metal fans, what do you think of Trolls 2?

I can’t even believe you don’t love country rap! LOL