2. Push pull stroke

That's Not What I've Been Told! Drum Sound Physics

Mumble mumble facts versus feelings
  3. Push pull stroke

Maybe he had an acoustic he loved to play at sing-alongs
  4. Push pull stroke

Lars Ulrich

Untrained. And not interested in technique. At least Don Henley played in high school drum line lol
  5. Push pull stroke

I DARE you to get into an argument about this with your 3 favorite guitar players you’ve gigged with. I DARE you lol
  6. Push pull stroke

But walnut has a very open grain, which is mostly irrelevant to its stiffness, but which is very noticeable in its sound. A walnut drum and maple drum can have the same density of wood, same hardware and heads, etc., but I CAN HEAR THE DIFFERENCE because of the openness of the grain.
  7. Push pull stroke

Lars Ulrich

Well, yeah, Weckl’s taste in music is…….not my cup of tea, either. Lol However, Phil’s technique problems are probably at least partially responsible for his arthritis that has prevented him from performing for years. And even if they’re not, good technique matters for drummers. Especially as...
  8. Push pull stroke

Lars Ulrich

The irony is that the average level of drumming in the world would get FAR better if a guy like Weckl or Vinnie were this famous. But the best drummers are too busy practicing and gigging to build a Metallica or a Genesis, I guess. There are only so many hours in the day
  9. Push pull stroke

You didn’t answer most of my questions, which is understandable, given that they’re more relevant than the little man in your video. Go tell guitar players that wood species doesn’t matter.
  10. Push pull stroke

I’m not a subtle or elaborate jokester. My sense of humor is way too stupid for that
  11. Push pull stroke

Lars Ulrich

So….exactly how much internet complaining does it take for a multi-millionaire with a terrible attitude problem to practice drums for 1 hour? I wonder if there’s a mathematical equation in there somewhere….
  12. Push pull stroke

You know Hinger did this back in the 60s, right? Those sewer pipe drums are sought-after. Incredibly sensitive. See, the thick shell thing works really well for snares, but not everyone wants that sound for toms. *shrug*
  13. Push pull stroke

So why do we use different woods? Why do some people prefer some tonewoods over others? Why is there such a difference of opinion on the sound of different woods? You do know that thinner shells bring out the sound of the wood itself more than thicker shells, I’m sure. So do you not ever prefer...
  14. Push pull stroke

DALL-E

These are cool
  15. Push pull stroke

I have definitely noticed this about 10” toms. They sound so much better when just suspended from my hand than from a suspension mount