Recent content by Peedy

1. Peedy

What exactly is a "Buttery" sound?

A friend of mine who’s a pro plays whatever the guy paying him wants to hear, but he grew in the jazz world (1970s jazz anyway). He uses the word buttery in comparison to rock cymbals that chirp at a high frequency and decay quickly whereas a good jazz HH (for instance) are lower and slower...
  2. Peedy

DCP Threads

To be honest, all of the replies (ok, except for the funny ones) pretty much amount to this: Well, yeah, those are the rules. . . which of course don't apply so long as and wherever it's good for me. Just seems that way. I will now go back to rolling my eyes every time I see another DCP...
  3. Peedy

DCP Threads

My real name is Isadore Phineas Freely. I. P Freely.
  4. Peedy

DCP Threads

My response would be that the rules only work when they work the same for everyone. If doing advert threads are good, let’s change the rules so we all know going in. I don’t have any issue with DCP. I’m not a hater. I just roll my eyes every time I see one of his threads. Pete
  5. Peedy

DCP Threads

Let’s imagine then that 50 more people or businesses do the same thing. And they’re all good people, and all their videos are useful and appreciated by many. Does it get stopped at 10 or 30 or whatever? Pete
  6. Peedy

DCP Threads

Still gonna put my vote in the “crossed the line” category. IMHO, once we flex the rules for folks that are friends or associates etc, it’s downhill from there. Pete
  7. Peedy

DCP Threads

I’m good with that. I frequent the local GC and would give them generally high marks. But it wouldn’t be appropriate for them to post that kind of adverts posing as discussion. Pete
  8. Peedy

DCP Threads

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sure seems like all of the DCP threads are nothing more than adverts from a retailer rather than discussion between drummers or other interested parties. My recollection is that this isn't allowed by the user agreement. Rain the poop down on me, I can take it. Pete
  9. Peedy

Your least played snare(s)

That is very sad. Those are amazing drums. Wires can be had for a small fortune from time to time on eBay. Pete
  10. Peedy

Do I need to do something/fix this used 22' Agop 30th anniversary Ride ?

I would guess sweat over a long time. Clean it off the best you can an see what it sounds like. I am, however, wondering what kind, size and weight it is. If it were paper thin for instance, I’d approach it differently than if it were a heavy bottom HH. Looks like it’s on the bottom. If so...
  11. Peedy

Muting for Jam Sessions

on my home kit I mute the bass drum beater with two toddler socks over it secured with plastic ties.
  12. Peedy

Help, 18" ride cymbal?

I think so much of the ride cymbal size discussion has to do with things like the size of the room you’re playing, type of music, mics or the lack there of, etc. I’ve gone as small as a 700g 12in A Zildjians from the mid 1930s. I needed a ride that leaned hard toward bell during the Christmas...
  13. Peedy

Looks like I get a vacation!

Best wishes to you Bo. Stay safe, everyone. Pete
  14. Peedy

How to re-flatten plastic muffling rings.

I’ve used an iron on the coolest setting to great effect. Just put some cloth between it an the iron. Pete
  15. Peedy

Worship drummer - variety?

Personal favorites are, and, or were Newsboys and Audio Adrenaline. Audio Adrenaline is done while Newsboys have a new lead singer. Pete