Peedy's latest activity

• Peedy
    Bob Marley, mon! Pulled out an album I bought when I was 18. Sign.
  • Peedy
    I don’t. However I always stick a finger in the salesman’s ear. He’s into that sort of thing.
  • Peedy
    Peedy replied to the thread GC Wouldn't Let Me In.
    Uh, no. Or at least not where I’m at. Not wearing a mask around here says that you’re stupid, not weak. Do what you want at home, but...
  • Peedy
    Peedy replied to the thread A cymbal of my ignorance.
    I’ll check it out and I appreciate the confidence. But while I have a reputation as a first rate scholar, I’m really just a third rate...
  • Peedy
    Peedy replied to the thread A cymbal of my ignorance.
    What do you guys think about a 15in and it's sound characteristics for his application? 790 grams. Circa 1990. He should be able to...
  • Peedy
    Peedy reacted to C.M. Jones's post in the thread Ever regret buying a drumset? with Like Like.
    Valuable insight, Lefty2. A common and costly fallacy among many drummers, and all musicians, is that gear upgrades will elevate them to...
  • Peedy
    I’m really fond of my custom modified DW5000 Bass Drum pedal. Sucks to play a bass pedal that doesn’t fit your shoe size. Pete
  • Peedy
    Peedy reacted to C.M. Jones's post in the thread I'm just about convinced with Like Like.
    I'll also add this point specifically in relation to snare drums: Stewart Copeland recorded every Police album (1978-1986) with the same...
  • Peedy
    Peedy reacted to Winston_Wolf's post in the thread I'm just about convinced with Like Like.
    It's important to keep in perspective that when you pay X number of dollars on a drum, you're not just buying the sound it makes. Close...
  • Peedy
    Peedy replied to the thread Pure boredom Sunday.
    If that’s all we’re talking about, I wash mine a couple of times a year. Polishing I’m pickier about.
  • Peedy
    Peedy reacted to johnwesley's post in the thread Pure boredom Sunday with Like Like.
    He was asking about the cymbal Bo. Not about you.
  • Peedy
    gotta clarify. if you're cleaning out actual dirt, they absolutely your cymbal's gonna sound different. I'm talking about the...
  • Peedy
    Hey Bo. I went against my Vintage Leanings and pulled the trigger on a more recent 15in A Zildjian Paper Thin crash. What can I expect...
    • 15in.jpg
  • Peedy
    Sure. The one exception for me was a 1957 14in crash cymbal I bought that had an amazing amount of tobacco residue on it. I cleaned it...
    • 1-Before.jpg
    • 2-After.jpg
    • The Rig.jpg
  • Peedy
    Purdy! However, I’m still of the opinion that cleaning doesn’t change how a cymbal sounds. It just makes you THINK it sounds different...