Recent content by Over50drumguy

1. Over50drumguy

COVID 19 Nurses Perspective PLEASE READ

Although I agree with some of your comments and info you post in the pages of this thread , it doesn’t really matter because me agreeing with you would be my OPINION only and we’re all allowed to have them . But very respectfully and with no mean-ness meant ......what I can’t agree with , and is...
  2. Over50drumguy

The Perfect Movie

Ones I’ve watched or thought about since my first post in this thread . I don’t know about perfect , but love em all .Thanks to macarina for this thread ,it’s fun and it’s got me pulling out and watching stuff I haven’t seen in a while during this lockdown. Getting good ideas from others here...
  3. Over50drumguy

DCP Threads

You got a stimulus check already 😳. Damn who you be knowin 😂.
  4. Over50drumguy

DCP Threads

Absolutel, and I don’t think there’s a single person here that doesn’t shop around anyway. I watched the Tama bb comparison to the birch walnut vid . I had been leaning that direction when I saw it . I decided on a bb with the help of that vid, but couldn’t find new in a 5 or 6 piece . Only 3’s...
  5. Over50drumguy

What Are You Doing While Riding Out This Period Of Social Isolation?

Pretty much done with the room makeover I posted earlier in this thread . Just some shoe molding and a couple small details to do . From lime green and white paint with a lime green shag rug to grey and white paint with a rustic grey oak vinyl plank floor .. Lots of painting by hand with brush...
  6. Over50drumguy

Anyone else see this scam on facebook?

Wow , I paid over 15 times for my used Tama b/b than what they want for a new starclassic! I’m gonna hurry and sell mine and pick up 15 or 20 of those 😉.......😂
  7. Over50drumguy

DCP Threads

I think it’s two years this April that I’m here. Started off with a thread asking about a sonor kit . I found an excellent video of that same kit from DCP, and actually called the shop to pick someone’s brain about the kit I was looking at. Told them up front I was looking at a used sonor kit (...
  8. Over50drumguy

Stay safe and be well Ben. Thank you for the work you do . Two of my sisters ( nurses) going through this as well . Everyone is short on PPE equipment with many nurses reusing one time use equipment. Former colleagues of mine on police force not getting proper equipment or none at all . Scary...
  9. Over50drumguy

Long lasting changes because of the Coronavirus

The amount of personal political opinion and false or misinterpreted political information injected into this thread is disturbing on either side of the coin your on . Some info is actually factual but some is not , but being represented as such . This , in my opinion is how we as a human race...
  10. Over50drumguy

That could easily have been written by two of my sisters who are both nurses . I have heard similar from a few former colleagues on the police force .
  11. Over50drumguy

Finishing up a bedroom re do project . Painting caulking, floors , moulding. . Miles and miles of caulking as the whole full attic was old stained tongue and groove planking . Other than that , practicing on a pad since everyone is home . Trying to keep 2 daughters calm over the virus stuff and...
  12. Over50drumguy

Funny you should bring up Keith Richards someone just sent me this . That guy can survive anything !
  13. Over50drumguy

iPhone Ringtone "Opening" - Percussion Cover

Your thread got me thinking . It’s along the same lines. Who else while waiting at a traffic light for a bit with blinker on and no music playing in car .... uses the blinker as a click/ metronome and comes up with beats and grooves working off the blinker ? This thread made me realize I do this...
  14. Over50drumguy

iPhone Ringtone "Opening" - Percussion Cover

Lol! Love it 👍🏻 Even though I hate that ringtone .
  15. Over50drumguy

Shuffle beat

Those if you on Instagram. Check out ..... https://www.instagram.com/stanbicknell/?hl=en Scroll through his page and you’ll find all sorts of takes and variations on shuffles and fills in and around and between them. The guys single pedal footwork is insane and his page is full of pocket ...