Recent content by notvinnie

1. notvinnie

Band member vs. cast member.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/toto-new-lineup-livestreamed-show/
  2. notvinnie

Bronze Snare Recommendations

When will you have enough? Do they all really sound/feel that different to you? Is there really something you're not hearing from your current stable of snare drums?
  3. notvinnie

Band member vs. cast member.

Why do you even care? If you like the music, listen to it. If you like the current lineup, go see them live. These people are all just trying to eek out a living. Cut them some slack.
  4. notvinnie

Bass drum notation for drum sheet music

Not necessary. The bass drum notation is lined up with the notes above it so it's easy to see how things line up. If you really want to have the bass drum's part notated on its own, you would put it on its own staff. The way it is notated is perfectly fine. Not only that, but the song itself is...
  5. notvinnie

Newbie head question

Exactly. You should play them and enjoy your new drums. They won't sound at all inferior to you. Eventually, when they need replacing, experiment with some other options.
  6. notvinnie

gretsch quality?

New as of about four years ago.
  7. notvinnie

Snare wires help.

Exactly. The cloth ribbon isn't sliding over the bottom hoop smoothly. Switch to plastic straps and your problem will disappear.
  8. notvinnie

Open letter to all forum members

I think this is the first post I've seen by johnwesley. What did he post that was so controversial?
  9. notvinnie

Music City Drums...in Ontario

...which you were too lazy to include... 😒
  10. notvinnie

Ludwig Speed Flyer

11. notvinnie

Ludwig Speed Flyer

I'm tempted to get a whole set of Ludwigs, including pedals.
  12. notvinnie

need a Van Halen tune for the gig this weekend...

You Really Got Me and Jamie's Cryin' were both hits, and aren't too difficult. Dance the Night Away is a good one too.
  13. notvinnie

DW5000 resurrection!

I never have my heel touching the pedal anyway.
  14. notvinnie

Jazz Fusion - Jack DeJohnette, Pat Metheny, Herbie Hancock and Dave Holland - Shadow Dance (live)

That's one of my all time favorite recordings/performances.