Recent content by MykeyInChains

1. MykeyInChains

New (to me) Shells - Pacific MX

Just picked up from a fellow drummer on Craigslist. Pacific MX in Yellow Satin. Got a great deal and they are in really good shape. Came with fairly new heads as well. The only other thing I would have liked is to have a virgin bass drum, I don't use the mount on top. This set is going to stay...
  2. MykeyInChains

Hardware Overhaul Complete! Mapex Pro-M

I have finally finished my transition from standard tripod stands to Gibraltar rack hardware. I started out with a pair of Stealth Racks, and switched around some tubes, added some clamps and here it is. My main goal was efficiency and speed in moving on and off stage. When we play gigs with 4...
  3. MykeyInChains

Time Lapse Set-Up Video - Gibraltar Stealth Racks

Hey folks. Its been a while since I have posted here. I've been hard at work recording an album with my band Of The Earth and re-thinking my hardware, with the emphasis on quick set-up times. I'm sure you guys have seen the new Gibraltar Stealth racks. I utilize the side rack to my left and...
  4. MykeyInChains

Question about heating our practice space...

My band rents a spectacular practice space. We pay next to nothing. Hard wood floors, sound absorbent panels on the walls, 2 separate locked doors to get in and we can leave our equipment there year-round. The only drawback is the temperature in the winter. It can get pretty chilly. The coldest...
  5. MykeyInChains

My band's cover of an A Perfect Circle song...

Check it out: www.myspace.com/oftheearthband Magdalena by A Perfect Circle. Josh Freese is a master of simplicity and it shows in this song. I tried to do him justice. Completely live recording at practice, all recorded to a stereo signal using an analog mixer with USB out. We are a trio...
  6. MykeyInChains

First Original from My Band...

My new band, that is. I was in a super progressive band before, and i'm excited to play some more user-friendly rock. We're poor college kids so we don't have the money for good recording equipment, but we get by with what we have. The song is called Relativity. I kept the drums pretty laid...
  7. MykeyInChains

Cover of Bullet the Blue Sky by U2

My newly formed band decided to cover Bullet the Blue Sky and we spend the majority of this evening learning and recording it. We kinda were reverb-happy but we kinda liked the real live sound and we recorded it all in one take, with all the mics going into a mixer with a usb stereo out. We are...
  8. MykeyInChains

Finally posting my Mapex Pro M...

Its a work in progress. My first decent kit. I'm slowly swapping cymbals with high quality ones but as you can see, I still have some of my beginner ones set-up. I'm a poor college student so I put what money I have available into my kit. Specs worth mentioning: Ride: 21" Paiste Signature Full...
  9. MykeyInChains

SPD-S effects question...

Ok, so I bought an SPD-S a while ago and I absolutely love it. I use it all the time. My question involves the effects on the unit. I gotta give you some backround first. I am rather disappointed with the onboard effects on the unit. They work but I feel like the interface isn't the best for...
  10. MykeyInChains

Roland SPD-S. What foot pedals to use?

Greeting drum-heads. I own a Roland SPD-S. I am interested in putting the foot pedal jack to use and invest in a pedal. What brand and kind do you think I should use? I don't even know where to begin when shopping for one.Can they can be used in a bass drum style (single strokes) and in a...
Back