Recent content by Michaelocalypse

1. M

Any drum builders or customisers?

I picked up a 1.5hp Craftsman router and aluminium table today, for $30, so I can finally cut bearing edges properly! (Once I get bits.) I also have a table saw my neighbour gave me a while back. I picked it up hoping to eventually make stave shells. For now I just need a good blade for cutting...
  2. M

Mapex P980 Direct Drive

I bought a beat up old P980 single chain pedal. The single chain allowed the footboard to wander, which shredded the heel bearings. I couldn't order the parts I wanted, but I found a broken display Raptor for cheap so I scavenged it for the heel bearings and DD parts. Got all the best parts...
  3. M

What's your "day" job?

Back to coaching swimming and beginner's lessons. Quit my other job. They said I couldn't make appointments to fix my truck, take my cat to the vet or take grandpa to the doc after work hours. Should be temporary. Looking to move by the end of the summer, most likely to Charlotte.
  4. M

What's your "day" job?

Surveyor. Thinking about getting a second job and going back to swim coaching if I can find a team that practices late enough for me to get to on time after work. I wasted a lot of time and money on an engineering degree, seeing as nobody wants to hire entry level guys or offer experience jobs...
Back