Recent content by Mabu

1. Mabu

Yamaha DTX500 Base drum pedal

Rejoiced too soon... took a while but in the end it disintegrated like it always did before. Nope, that nut does not help much. Its simply the form and angle of the clamp. I will visit a music store with the Pad and try out if there are better pedals. That drives me insane.
  2. Mabu

Okay, i fixated it with a piece of wood and a few cablebinders. Now at least it does not disconnect. It's not a good solution, but still it works.
  3. Mabu

Yeah that might work. I'll make some tryouts tomorrow and will give you feedback. Unfortunately currently not able to try because I am not at home right now.
  4. Mabu

hmmm okay, that sadly doesnt work with my pedal. Thanks nonetheless.
  5. Mabu

I guess i know what you mean. But sadly that doesnt work either. It's hard to spot in the video or pictures, but the Pad's bracket/plate/lip is actually as deep into the pedal as possible. That small bit is indeed loose although i tightend the screw as good as possible. Problem, it is impossible...
  6. Mabu

I already thought about some selfmade solution too, but there has to be a regular solution? It cannot seriously be the normal situation. If you take a look at the bracket of the Pad: there are three slits. These really look like they are supposed to be destined of taking in connecting lips of...
  7. Mabu

Okay i'll reattach it as yu suggest but as i said, it really does nothing in regard of stability. As soon as I kick the pedal and it hits, the clamp of the pedal and the bracket of the Pad disconnect. If you like, I made a short video to show you what i am talking about: That can't be the...
  8. Mabu

Oh yes, i indeed have that piece too. But i dismounted it, because those nails are making scratches into the wooden floor. And it does nothing in regard of better connection between the pedal and pad. And also it doesnt help keeping the Pad in place. Its just completely useless. For completion...
  9. Mabu

Hello there, i'm new here and might have one of the dumbest questions you ever heard of, but cannot figure out and need your help please. A while back i bought a used Yamaha DTX500 e-drum set. It's working good so far, but i have one thing i could not install properly. How is the pedal...
Back