Recent content by lsits

1. lsits

Tribute band

I wonder how a Ruttles tribute band would go over. Probably too obscure.
  2. lsits

Drummers who have changed brand affiliation the most??

I have an old Modern Drummer from the 80s where Phil Collins is endorsing both Pearl and Gretsch (or maybe Pearl and Tama) in the same issue. I think it was just a scheduling error in the advertising department. The only signature item i have is the Chad Smith black nickel over steel snare...
  3. lsits

your most favorite bassist/drummer rhythm section

I'll be the first to say Jackson/Dunn.
  4. lsits

Underated/Underappreciated Drummers?

I'm in the process of digitizing my vinyl records and I have a new appreciation for Joh "Willie" Wilcox of Utopia.
  5. lsits

What are you listening to right now?

The heavier side of J-Pop.
  6. lsits

Rosie

Down to the bottom of the third page and no one has mentioned: Jessica by the Allman Brothers.
  7. lsits

What's your Drummerworld number?

31: Carmine Appice - clinic Barrie Barlow - Tull Frank Beard - ZZ Top Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz - Weird Al Gregg Bissonette - Ringo john Bonham - Led Aeppelin Don Brewer - Bob Seger Bill Bruford - Yes Billy Cobham - clinic Phil Collins - Clapton Ray Cooper - Clapton Aynsley Dunbar - Jefferson...
  8. lsits

Loudest Concert

Probably a tie: 1. Blue Oyster Cult / Aerosmith 1975 at Indiana Uniersity. BOC opened the show and was painfully loud. when Aerosmith came on Steve Tyler asked the crowd if they wanted it louder. You already know the respinse. 2. Ted Nugent, 1977. He was originally slated to play the...
  9. lsits

Your least played snare(s)

When I saw this thread I thought most of the responders would say the snare that came with the kit. Surprised to see so many "high-end"snares. For me it would be the Yamaha 5x14 8-lug Stage Custom Birch snare that came with the kit I bought new 10 years ago. P pulled it out a couple of weeks...
  10. lsits

too many cymbals?

I always used hats, ride and two crashes. For the last month or so I lost the right side crash and i am using the ride as a crash/ride.
  11. lsits

Is it me, or do those sticks look gigantic?

Even those are tiny compared to these: Check out Buffin's sticks.
  12. lsits

show off your snare

Early 60's Chrome-Over-Brass Gretsch 4160. Not all original ( P-85 throw-off), but it sounds fantastic. There must be a reason that they're still selling them today.
  13. lsits

Look what fell into mt lap.

About a month ago I got together with an old friend and a couple of his friends to jam. When I was packing up my stuff he brought in this old Gretsch 4160 and said that I could have it. It's from the early 60's with the smooth shell and the round badge. I think it originally came with the micro...
  14. lsits

Too old to Play Drums

Ed Cassidy, the drummer for Spirit, was Randy California's Step-dad. He was about 20 years older than the rest of the band.
  15. lsits

EPIC drum fills...

Another John Bonham fill. On "Whole Lotta Love: When therr'e coming out of the guitar solo and back into the main riff. Those eighth notes on the snare always send a chill up (or down) my spine.
Back