Recent content by lem

1. L

Restoration Attempt

Now I got it, thanks.
  2. L

Restoration Attempt

Thanks for the link, I'll let you know how it works out.
  3. L

Restoration Attempt

So, copy of a copy of a copy?
  4. L

Restoration Attempt

My skills are legendary. I am old, seen and done a lot...I learned. But, I will use anything that will make my life easier. I like the idea of retro spurs as I am a retro kind of guy. Again, this is never going to be like the original, so I guess that doesn't matter. If I decide to go...
  5. L

Restoration Attempt

I tend to agree, also given the fact that due to obvious modifications, the Slingerland floor drum etc., the Kit will never be original. But I am having a good time playing around. This morning I clamped my "wet wood" pieces to the drum to capture the curvature. I will let them air dry and...
  6. L

restoration attempt

This morning I was able to dismantle the leg apparatus and expose the holes to see what I'm dealing with. The right hole/damage appears to be more severe. I noticed that the 2 Philips head screws on either side of the leg mounts did nothing. This indicates to me that a modification was done to...
  7. L

Restoration Attempt

Nah! That would be giving up. These drums have a history, good bad or indifferent. Each dent, ding, scratch, extra hole, is part of that history. Probably had more than a few owners, and they are also part of their history. I see my job as helping preserve that history as best I can and...
  8. L

Restoration Attempt

When you guys suggesst a "re-wrap", I guess you mean just that. Questions: How tough is it to get the old stuff and conversely, the new stuff on (process?) Expensive? Isd this stuff drum specific or like a bolt of fabric. What do I do about the OTHER 4 drums in the set. Is it OK to mix and...
  9. L

Restoration Attempt

10. L

Restoration Attempt

Well, I'm committed. Approaching this project with some trepedation as I know very little about drums and drumming. Thanks to others on this site, I was able to identify, date (maybe) and decide to try to get this old kit together for my Grandaughter. Started this morning and immediatly had...
  11. L

greetings from a non drummer

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted.
  12. L

Thanks for the links and advice. I saw pictures of the drum set you built from spare parts...great pix and just about convinced me to attempt a restoration job. Remembering that I am a non drummer and based on info provided by others I have three options: 1- Learn more about drums and...
  13. L

Thanks for the restoration ideas, I have the necessary skills. I can measure the heads in either centimeters or inches. Where do I measure, Inside/outside or skin only? What is a collet nose?
  14. L

seat/ sticks/cowbell.................That's all I got. Have at it!!! Thanks for your help.
  15. L

cymbals 1...hi hat 2....18 in. 3....14 in
Back