Recent content by kevinmac

1. kevinmac

Practice vs talent

Practice is necessary, but if your practicing bad habits, its not helping. From my perspective, one should get a good foundation, and practice using the foundation but using your expression, this is where the talent comes in. Just doing the black and white of it, is just rudimentary, robotic...
  2. kevinmac

Favorite pic of your own drum set

Yamaha 1981 8000 tour series, natural wood, 13,14,16,22, 14x6.5 chrome snare Paiste blue label 20” heavy ride, Paiste Sig 20” ride, Paiste 2002 18” crash, Paiste Sig 18 power crash, Paiste 2002 15” crash, Sabian 14” flat hats, Yamaha flying dragon double pedal.
  3. kevinmac

Anyone tried the new speed king yet?

Played the Speed King back in the early 70’s, was a good pedal but went to a Rogers Swivomatic to match my Rogers setup. The Swivomatic was so much nicer and faster, allowing for more power. The new pedal is exactly the same design and function. FYI they get squeeky after awhile.
  4. kevinmac

How to polish metal parts without destroying your hands?

Try Flitz metal polish its the best out there!
  5. kevinmac

Dino Danelli RIP

Remember it well! My eyes were glued on him! Great drumming and showmanship!
  6. kevinmac

Dino Danelli RIP

Used to watch him with baited eyes when in the Rascals! Admired his drumming! Not only a great drummer but a great showman! We lost another great!
  7. kevinmac

What kind of Yammies are these?

Nuff said https://reverb.com/item/60702450-yamaha-drums-yamaha-8000-1980s-honey https://reverb.com/item/49263138-yamaha-8000-series-power-tour-with-9000-series-snare-drum-1984-85-natural-wood
  8. kevinmac

Paiste 2002 for acoustic jazz?

Acoustic jazz 18 or 20 602 flat ride or 602 medium ride is my preference.
  9. kevinmac

Help! Cleaned vintage Ludwig white cortex wrap and now it looks different

Use an auto detailer spray And micro fiber towel.
  10. kevinmac

Damaging rims with rimshots ?

All my years of drumming, never have I bent a rim doing rim shots!
  11. kevinmac

22" vs 20" Bass Drums

From my perspective I always went to the 22, excluding the rack height, the ability to tune low and better pedal rebound just keeps me staying with the 22.
  12. kevinmac

Best Double Bass Drum Pedal

Best is what works best for you! There is no best!
  13. kevinmac

Paiste Help...Signatures vs 2002's

I use a mix of 2002’s crashes (15”, 18”) Signature ride 20” and power crash 18” along with 602 blue label 20” heavy ride! They all compliment each other on one kit! Paistes can be mixed giving great results.
  14. kevinmac

What is your favourite ride cymbal you own

20” Paiste Blue Label 602 Heavy.
Back