Recent content by KenDoken

1. KenDoken

(RESOLVED) Help! Stripped screw on beater hub for GIBRALTAR G Class Direct Drive Double Pedal

Looks like a cross- threaded Nylock (self locking) nut on the underside. I would carefully disassemble as much as I can and drill out the shank and nylon from the underside with a ¼" bit. A car mechanic should do it with no fuss
  2. KenDoken

The Fascination with 4pc

Simple. 2 toms for 2 hands
  3. KenDoken

Lightweight Hardware Pack

I can recommend the DW6000UL. I have used a 2nd hand set for over 100 gigs and it is still working pretty good. All the moving and fastening components are still working well. Things I have noticed: The snare basket tilter is a bit weak. I have adapted my technique which means I get a tired...
  4. KenDoken

Rivets in top high hat?

That should hold rivets. I was worried you were going to drill holes in delicate hats like 602s
  5. KenDoken

Rivets in top high hat?

@WayOldGuy what hi-hats have you got?
  6. KenDoken

Rivets in top high hat?

I put some zils on this weird Zildjian zxt plated bottom hat. Has a strong eastern vibe, like tom yum soup.
  7. KenDoken

Rivets in top high hat?

Chris Dave used to garnish his hats with magic beans. For that nice fresh mexican bean soup sound
  8. KenDoken

Rivets in top high hat?

Hi-hats sound pretty soupy already. Soupier than a rivet or two. It would be like be chicken broth with oxtail soup
  9. KenDoken

Liquid Courage for "Better" Playing?

I like a drink. It's mostly cultural. Playing semi regularly eats into my drinking time so I have to combine the 2 I discovered that it has a negative effect on my playing and my memory. It doesn't help me with nerves so normally go into a gig sober and drink after the first set. I like a...
  10. KenDoken

How Much Does a Yamaha 950 throne weigh?

It's double braced with a spindle so it's won't be light I had a Yamaha 750. The telescoping bit wasn't strong enough for a man of my stature I used an old premier throne with bolt-through for portability. Now I scrounge a seat from the venue
  11. KenDoken

which 3 percussion you would find useful to have as part of your drums?

The 3 I use most are: Maracas Triangle Foot tambourine The 3 I would like to try: Cabasa Pandeiro Kanjeera
  12. KenDoken

Your Favorite Drum Intros

Tony Thompson on Diana Ross' I'm Coming Out It blew my mind when I first heard it
  13. KenDoken

PA and monitoring for a singer

I saw a singer bassist using a behringer b105d as a personal monitor. It super small and mounts on a mic stand https://www.behringer.com/product.html?modelCode=0313-AGZ anyone used something similar?
  14. KenDoken

PA and monitoring for a singer

The jazz quartet have been playing more functions recently meaning a chatty audience with a higher noise floor. This hasn't been an issue as we can just hit/blow harder or turn up guitar/bass amps We have been working with a singer recently and this has been more problematic. Hearing herself...
  15. KenDoken

Downsizing in changing times

Mmmm very tidy looking and a handsome veneer.I imagine they nest nicely You have two snare cases? Do you know what the bass case weighs?
Back