Recent content by KEEF

1. KEEF

Cymbal to drum ratio

5 drums 6 cymbals I'm rubbish at maths
  2. KEEF

Should I stay or should I go....

Thanks all for your words of wisdom - appreciate it!!
  3. KEEF

Should I stay or should I go....

Friends - what would you do?🤷‍♂️ Been in the same covers band for 11 or 12 years - we're pretty good,and we are all good mates,no major drama's,we play 50-60 gigs a year. But getting to rehearse and learn new songs is difficult (due to day jobs) and it's gone a bit stale. Plus I do ALL the...
  4. KEEF

Everybody's Kit Looks Cooler Than Mine

I've always managed to get my kits set up comfortably AND looking good (to my eye at least) but it is a trial and error process and consequently I now have one of almost every type of clamp/arm/attachment ever produced! :ROFLMAO:
  5. KEEF

Can anyone name that drumkit?

How many mics does it take to record a drum kit....... Hilarious when you consider it will probably be cleaned and quantisized to a point where it doesn't sound much like what he's actually playing anyway!!
  6. KEEF

Any gigs cancelled due to the virus?

No government instruction otherwise as yet so business as usual here so far....played Saturday night - decent crowd. Gig this Friday is still on at the moment.
  7. KEEF

Polarizing bands/singers.

I don't get the Nickleback thing - because they couldn't be MORE middle ground....they're not great,they're not terrible -they're just ....ok. They don't evoke love or hate or any emotion really imo....unless 'meh' counts ?
  8. KEEF

Any gigs cancelled due to the virus?

None of ours binned as yet - but I'm expecting it.
  9. KEEF

Double bass

I used to play double bass drums with single pedals - then I went to double bass drums with a double pedal on one of them - so i didn't have to try and tune them both the same - then i went to double pedal on one and a single pedal on the other and tuned it higher. Now I play double pedal on one...
  10. KEEF

"Gospel Chops"...I just don't get it.................

I think in this day and age there are two different markets, 1) Collaborative music for the pocket grooving money beat players= gigs in a band setting. 2) Youtube/exhibition/clinic's for the technical chops monsters= gigs from those avenues. As the world moves on maybe type 2 will overtake type...
  11. KEEF

Drum shaming..

You have to allow yourself to be 'shamed' - you can choose whether other peoples opinion of your ability to do 'whatever' bothers you. I'm not ashamed I can't play 11/8 (For example) I don't feel like a lesser drummer cos I can't play 11/8 I've no desire to play 11/8 - I'm not impressed by it...
  12. KEEF

Musician's Equipment Inventory List

Simple Excel spreadsheet for mine - got my local store to corroborate all my values on a letter headed quote for replacements. Insurer was happy with that. Turns out the £10k kit in a £2k car for a £60 gig thing is me......... Insurance costs me the equivalent of 2 gigs a year.
  13. KEEF

Double pedal question

Instead of direct drive or chain drive (for the beater) ,you could have cable drive too???
  14. KEEF

Really?

Being in a Romanian river for 100 years would make the CARTboard soggy!! :LOL:
  15. KEEF

Double pedal question

Aahh ok....i get it. If the slave pedal gets nudged inwards ,wouldn't the cable go slack though?? If the play isn't in the cable - how come remote hats lag so much? 🤷‍♂️