Recent content by jziegler319

1. jziegler319

Bass drum hoops on 16" Tom

Hello I aquired a set of cheap toms in sizes 12, 14, and 16. I wanna turn it into a kit and I don't like the aesthetic of triple flange hoops on a kick. Do any of ya'll know if you can just buy 16" wood hoops, claws and 16" bass drum heads on the floor tom (and a raised mounting system of some...
  2. jziegler319

Audio Interface

Hey all! I'm looking to start recording drums. I have good mics (a drum kit of course), cameras, and a MacBook with logic. So all I need now is the interface right? I'd probably need a max of 12 inputs but 8 might cut it short, so I'll probably go for a 8 and then maybe a higher quality 4...
  3. jziegler319

New Kick Peadal

Hello all! Ok. So I was given a 2 year oldish iron cobra double kick about ten years ago. It's lasted me well but now everything is breaking and I want a new one. Just sold my drum set and am going to buy a new pedal before I invest in another kit. Two dilemmas -which model/brand -double or...
  4. jziegler319

Soft Attack Heads

Hey all, I'm looking for some heads with no attack to them. I'm looking for low end with mad tone, (think C&C). I've tried ambassadors, emperors, vintage ambassadors, and vintage emperors and the vintage emperors have been my favorite so far. I'd like to stick to Remo as I've found Evans to be...
  5. jziegler319

Yamaha DTXM12 or Roland SPD-SX

I have an octapad but I really wanted a sampling pad originally, so I'm probably going to sell the octapad and get one of these. Which one is better? (Price isn't really that big of a factor) Thanks -Jon
  6. jziegler319

Remo Starfire

Hey Gang! I wanna use a Remo Starfire gold as a 12" batter snare head. Do they wear out A LOT? Im ok with a regular (and maybe even a little more) lack of durability as I don't hit THAT hard. But if the goldyness is gonna wear off really quickly, I'm not buying a $20 head. (also...it'll sound...
  7. jziegler319

Tama Soundworks VS SLP

Ok, my opinion (and just an opinion) I've never met anyone who doesn't like a plain old 14x6 or whatever, maple snare (no matter what genre they play)(any price range; a $150 Tama will probably sound almost as good as a $2000 Sonor), but some people might not like the sound of bubinga, kapur...
  8. jziegler319

Stuck with kit

Ok, this will probably be pretty long. So I have a kit that I'm trying to sell and having no luck. I have 8x8 10x8 13x9 15x11 16x16 and 24x14 in the Yamaha tour 8000 series, and 12x8 and 14x10 in the yd9000 series. The toms sound exactly alike as the only difference is the 1 or 2 plies of...
  9. jziegler319

Evans Players Points

Hey Y'all So i know Evans did away with players points a while ago but i realized i have like ten boxes of old heads with points on them. Is there any use for them anymore or are the players points completely done? Thanks!
  10. jziegler319

Drum art project

Yoooo! Sorry about the long post. So for my senior year of high school I am doing a drum building/art, independent learning project (ILP) and would like to here some ideas. I'll tell y'all some plans so far. First I'll tell you the materials I have to my disposal. I have a pork pie little...
  11. jziegler319

Yamaha YD 9000

Hey everyone! So this is probably drummerworld taboo here(I never know(and then end up getting yelled at by some old guy who thinks he's the moderator)) but I thought instead of dealing with craigslist or whatever, why not try to sell my kit to people who might actually want it and know what...
  12. jziegler319

Yamaha RC or Tama starclassic

So I have a Starclasssic Maple in a red silk wrap (now known as red oyster on the new b/b kits), sizes 10,12,14,22, and I think at the time they were making this kit (I might be wrong), the starclassic shells were a little thicker for this limited edition kit. My friend posted he is selling his...
  13. jziegler319

Tama Silverstar Walnut?

So I was in guitar center the other week, and I saw in the used section a 5 piece tama silverstar walnut. It was only 300 bucks! But I have a couple kits and I'm only seventeen so my dad wouldn't let me get it which really sucks. I know they made the starclassic walnut, and now have the star...
  14. jziegler319

Problems with D'Addario...

There was a ring as if it was tuned tight, but the tone was dead; no note, just attack.
  15. jziegler319

Sabian White logo

So ive been finding a lot of rare sabians lately such as the the whole vfx line, 18.5 explosion crash, and the History of tosco cymbals. At one point i came a cross a hi hat with a big white sabian logo, on the old goog images but the link was broken. I tried to find it again but the picture...
Back