jeffwj's latest activity

• jeffwj
    jeffwj replied to the thread Accents (paradiddle).
    Edit: In the exercise I posted above, the motions within the parentheses for letter A should be (for the last three 8th notes) t , t ...
  • jeffwj
    jeffwj replied to the thread Best Method Book for Beginners?.
    Since the thread was revisited yet again, I can add a few more recommendations. Josh Gottry’s resources...
  • jeffwj
    This is the exact terminology that I use with my students. As Todd said, the fingers can’t be too floppy - just like you wouldn’t want...
  • jeffwj
    Hi Todd, I often address that with students who started drumming with a different (lift up and throw down) technique. While...
  • jeffwj
    Very well said. I often say that the stick height will produce the dynamic that is required. The velocity in which the stick is thrown...
  • jeffwj
    jeffwj replied to the thread Learning Dynamics.
    Great advice from Cornelius, as always. You should experiment with two stick heights (two dynamic levels). Parts of my book were...
  • jeffwj
    It's not re-posted. I wrote it specifically in response to the OP's question. I think you’re joking... If you're not, it’s ok. I gave...
  • jeffwj
    Great advice from Push-Pull-Stroke about taking it slow. Also, Arne is correct about using the motions. His advice about experimenting...
  • jeffwj
    jeffwj replied to the thread Error Alert.
    Hi planoranger, As I mentioned in my PM reply, I too thought it was the same person until I discovered the articles about the other...