gish's latest activity

• gish
    gish reacted to roncadillac's post in the thread DCP Threads with Like Like.
    I'm happy that someone around here knows the world I'm speaking about haha, I was a merkur 37c guy for years before switching back to...
  • gish
    gish replied to the thread DCP Threads.
    Wasn’t aware of the backstory on Viking razors; their product line never interested me anyway. Been using a Merkur 34C for years now...
  • gish
    gish replied to the thread New Orleans Club Scene.
    Nice! Great groove, great feel, creative hi hat work shifting the left foot chicks from the downbeat to the upbeat. Really liked your...
  • gish
    gish replied to the thread DCP Threads.
    Count me amongst those who love and support the DCP videos. What I especially like about their videos is they are not 100% positive...
  • gish
    gish replied to the thread Thrones for a big guy--6'6" 300 lbs.
    6’4”, 285 lbs. I’ve used a Pork Pie saddle style throne for the last several years. I’ve found it to be very strong and stable; have...
  • gish
    gish replied to the thread Single Pedal.
    From what I’ve seen any pedal being played by JoJo Mayer seems to be the fastest.
  • gish
    For bar gigs I typically just mic the bass drum. The rest of the kit bleeds into the vocal mics anyway.
  • gish
    gish replied to the thread List your equipment failures.
    I have an IC double pedal, but went back to single pedal a few years ago. I still use the IC minus the slave, so I always have an extra...
  • gish
    10 lug bass drum, 2.3 hoops; seems to be a great bang for the buck. Hope my local GC gets one of these in so I can check it out.
  • gish
    gish replied to the thread Wrapped drums and enclosed trailers.
    I read an article a long time ago regarding drums and what climates they can be stored in. The article stated that if it’s too hot or...
  • gish
    Yep you nailed it. Going through the same issues right now with my wife’s 2004. It either needs a head gasket or one of the cylinder...
  • gish
    gish replied to the thread Video of our band playing.
    Loved it! Very tasteful, supportive drumming, and I loved the band! Wish I lived closer so I could take my wife to see you guys. I...
  • gish
    gish replied to the thread My New Canopus Kit.
    Very nice looking kit Bones! I remember other posts of yours, searching for the right kit. Hopefully this is the one. I’d ditch the...
  • gish
    gish reacted to Dr_Watso's post in the thread One less tom/cymbal - stripping down kit with Like Like.
    Everyone knows big kit guys are compensating for something, and small kits are better. It's a fact you can look up on the wikipedia.
  • gish
    Couldn’t agree more Frank. Kit setup is obviously a very personal thing, and a 4 piece is not for everyone. It’s been working for me...