Recent content by Ghostin one

1. G

May be getting some Renowns - Which ones are these?

Lol..In the past I've been concerned about wind at some outdoor shows, but the titan stands and renown are probably good to 45mph.! I'd like an INDe set though.
  2. G

My Drumming Is So Bad..

How bad is it?
  3. G

I can only think of two venues last year with steps, and they were just three treads or so. One restaurant has an enormous ramp - so easy! Hopefully they'll make through this covid mess.
  4. G

I use dollies and / or a hand truck. I'm not carrying that stuff anywhere. So, it doesn't matter to me what they weigh.
  5. G

It's confusing, but Gretsch calls all the different tom mounts "gts mounts", don't they? Even the ones that only fit Catalinas. Probably just me, but think the old RN mounts look nicer than the new lug-mounted ones.
  6. G

Johnny B Goode Drum Part?

My favorite is Johnny Winter's version on Second Winter, with Edgar on piano
  7. G

Oh ok, so the round black badges are RN1 or later. The model I have was called RN-E824PT6TEL E stood for "Euro" shell pack, TEL is the color (transparent ebony lacquer in my case)
  8. G

These older RN drums have a deeper 12" tom than the current model, 12" x 9" deep rather than 12 x 8. They're what I've been playing for the last few years. I paid $730 for 8,10,12,16, 22, no snare. They were in great condition with minor wear. Does anyone know when the RN1 started?
  9. G

The patience of a spammer

Today's go-getter is "Money Loan", also from 5/18, replying to the same thread as the others... I keep seeing them because their posts are right after one of mine.
  10. G

Metronomes!

I use the DB 30. The "high-pitched beeps" that Brentcn mentioned are the only problem I've had. I love having clave or shuffle patterns, etc. When I get tired of beeps, I use an old school quartz metronome that's more of a click sound, but the steps between tempos don't cover everything, and...
  11. G

I just reported yet another from 2018, "Speedycash". It's like War of the Worlds - bots planted in the past to be activated years later... lol
  12. G

New Fiona Apple song "Ladies"- Cymbal?

I googled her name and different cymbal manufacturers, and it appears she's a Paiste artist (and C&C drums), but who knows what happened in the studio... You could try asking on her instagram page. http://www.paiste.com/e/endorser_det.php?page=image&imgnum=0&endorserid=5609
  13. G

Johnny B Goode Drum Part?

Here's one with one guitar part - it sounds like what you're saying it is. Fred Below was a trained jazz guy.
  14. G

Yet another from May '18, "Payday Express". Even the handle is spam!
  15. G

There's another from May '18 with one post, "Getting A Loan".