Recent content by Fuzrock

1. Fuzrock

3 new Stage Custom finishes for 2023

I've been waiting for NAMM weekend for months hoping for some new AHM finishes and I know everyone has been waiting for a matching hihat stand to go with their FP9 pedals. But no, we get three new Stage Custom Birch finishes and a new xylophone. Maybe we'll get to the good stuff next year?
  2. Fuzrock

Roland, Yamaha or 2box help (silicone vs mesh heads)

Have you considered the Alesis DM-10 Studio? It's less money ($800) and very easy to convert to mesh heads. Pearl Rhythm Traveler heads did the job for me at $60 for the whole set. It's easily the most bang for the buck IMHO.
  3. Fuzrock

Yamaha Recording Custom Discontinued

I just got an email entitled "Premier Snare Drum Launch" from Drum Center of Portsmouth. At the end of the email it say this: "And as a note to our Yamaha Drummers, Yamaha is Discontinuing the following lines. The FINAL date for ordering these drums is June 28th, 2013. There will be no...
  4. Fuzrock

Two Great Bass Players

My band is having a hard time figuring out what to do right now. First of all, we're a cover band and for most of us, it's a hobby. A hobby that's becoming somewhat lucrative. Most of us are pushing 40 but our bass player who has been with us for about a year is only 23. He just graduated...
  5. Fuzrock

Drummer Without Hands

Twenty year old Cornel Hrisca-Munn was born without hands, but that hasn't stopped him from becoming one amazing drummer. http://www.break.com/index/drummer-without-hands-performs-amazing-cover-2320853
  6. Fuzrock

Levon Helm RIP

Here's a nice little piece that CBS Sunday Morning did about him. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3445_162-57418497/levon-helms-miraculous-encore/
  7. Fuzrock

Cheap Roland KD-7 Trigger?????

I was looking around for the best price for a Roland KD-7 kick trigger to hook up to my SPD-S and stummbled onto this deal. http://www.sonicsense.com/pro-audio/pc/showsearchresults.asp?keyword=kd-7&pag+eStyle=H&resultCnt=10 Look at the first item (KD-7 for $114), then look second one (KD-7 &...
  8. Fuzrock

Repairing Roland SPD-S

I should preface this post by saying that my SPD-S is way out of warranty. I bought it used off ebay and it has served my well (once I reloaded the factory install) right up until it was rained on (along with the rest of my cherished gear) at a street dance by band was playing last summer...
  9. Fuzrock

In Ears w/Click During Rehearsal

So I’ve been playing in my cover band for four or five years now and for the last couple of those years I’ve had a Tama Rhythm Watch sitting in front of me with the sound turned all the way down. I’ve been keeping my eyes on the blinking lights for reassurance that I’m playing at the proper...
  10. Fuzrock

My New Snare Drum

It was a couple of weeks ago I was looking through the scratch and dent inventory on musiciansfriend.com and came across this Chinese OCDP snare drum. The description stated that the shell was cracked. There was no picture of the actual drum with the cracked shell. All they had was this stock...
  11. Fuzrock

Who's using a throne with a back rest?

I think the politically correct term is "gravitationally challenged." That's what us fat guys with backrests prefer to be called. What's the politically correct word for jerk?
  12. Fuzrock

Who's using a throne with a back rest?

I have the Roc N Soc with a back rest and I also find that I don't really use it while actually playing. What it DOES do for me is forces me to not slouch while playing. Ever since I added the backrest, my posture while playing has improved significantly and I have no back pain during or after...
  13. Fuzrock

New Hoops For My Old Drum

I've had my Yamaha Maple Custom Absolutes for ten years now and they're still going strong. The one drum that I haven't used much is the 5.5x14 snare drum that I ordered along with the rest of the kit. It's just never been my favorite snare drum. Being only six plies, it chokes when tuned up...
  14. Fuzrock

Tama Rhythm Watch Mounting Methods - HELP ME!!

I need some help here. I've had my Tama Rhythm Watch for over ten years and have always had it mounted on an old Ludwig straight cymbal stand. Ever since I got my Yamaha Hex Rack, I've been trying to find a way to mount it using one of my clamps and a short boom arm. I can't seem to find a...
  15. Fuzrock

TIGHT SCREW

I have a 6.5x14 Black Beauty with die-cast hoops. I rim shot on the back beat all of the time and I kept having issues with lugs detuning on both the top and bottom. I can't seem to find the thread on here where I originally heard about Tight Screws but I need to thank whoever mentioned them...
Back