Frosticles's latest activity

• Frosticles
    Frosticles replied to the thread Cymbal to drum ratio.
    4 drums & 4 cymbals because I am a lazy git & can't be bothered with any more :) (I do own over 50 cymbals though) :D
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles replied to the thread show off your snare.
    107407941_275572957207741_686066005284427733_n by Kevin Frost, on Flickr
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles replied to the thread Evans ST Dry Snare Head.
    Been a fan of the Genera & the Genera Dry for a while now. Tried everything over the years but these are now my go-to depending if its...
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles replied to the thread ARE YOU A DIVE BAR DRUMMER?.
    Still lucky to play all over the world (Currently on hold due to Covid) Chomping at the bit to resume.
  • Frosticles
    One trick pony here. I do my one trick very well though. As I am approaching the twilight of my one trick though, I am looking to branch...
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles reacted to spelman's post in the thread And justice for all...Snare drum? with Like Like.
    It was actually Paul Bostaph who said that, talking about his 3,5 and 6,5 bell bronze snares, in a Tama ad. "Diabolus in musica " -...
  • Frosticles
    Heard this as well :) Did read somewhere that the main was a piccolo.
  • Frosticles
    Not sure exactly, but I read somewhere (probably MD eons ago) that he used two snares in the studio with Slayer, a deep snare for the...
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles reacted to yammyfan's post in the thread 15" hats with Like Like.
    You will (probably) love them. I adore mine, purchased for outdoor gigs where I wanted more volume and cut. Larger hi-hats are terrific...
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles reacted to The Dreamer's post in the thread Which kit to keep? with Like Like.
    Yes Frosticles they are that. The VBX series. I pulled them down completely polished and greased etc.....and it was obvious that the ply...
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles replied to the thread Which kit to keep?.
    A good position to be in & I am in the same one. Both of your kits are good quality & sound. I really like the Visions & would be...
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles replied to the thread 15" hats.
    The whole thing sounds superb :) Just invested in some 15" hats (Paiste 2002 SE) & really looking forward to using them :)
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles replied to the thread Tama Big Black Steel.
    The band(s) I play in are incredibly loud. So, Snare drum choice is important for me. The loudest (& nicest) I have ever used is the...
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles reacted to C.M. Jones's post in the thread Tama Big Black Steel with Like Like.
    Right on, Ron. Many look upon piccolo snares as impotent and weak. Just the opposite is true. Nothing cuts better than high, sharp...
  • Frosticles
    Frosticles reacted to Winston_Wolf's post in the thread BB 8x14 or Q Drum Copper 7x14? with Like Like.
    That's kinda a tough question. The trick is you're considering either a copper or a copper alloy shell to contrast with a copper alloy...