Recent content by Eddie_Ramirez

1. E

Yamaha Rock Tour vs Tama Silverstar (Quality, construction differences)

How's the sound comparison? (according to your ears, of corse)
  2. E

Is it better than your Rock Tour in quality? If I go for the pdp, it'll cost me a little more than the rock tour's and with one less tom (the 16).
  3. E

I was also looking at a PDP Concept. That might come with a higher quality snare. Anyone tried those kits before?
  4. E

Yeah, it's the discontinued Rock Tour since 2010. The rock tour custom, that's another thing.
  5. E

My mistake... it's not a 12x9 on the yamaha's, it's a 12x8. Is a 10" tom a necessity for a more versatile kit?
  6. E

Well, that's what is available for the moment. That I like, of corse. The Yamaha Rock Tour (Textured Brown Sunburst) in mint condition. Tama Silverstar (Dark Mocha Fade) NEW! both with hardware for a similar price. The yamaha pic, that's the actual kit. (minus a 10" tom) The tama is just...
  7. E

I've read a couple of posts where people say that rock tours are like stage customs with an upgraded shell. I don't know if this is true.
  8. E

How's the snare? can you tell me a little bit about it? Thanks.
  9. E

Thanks to all for taking some time to reply. I know it's kinda tough call, I do like yamaha hardware but with tama I get an extra drum and a better pedal. That's why I asked which is better? (shell, hoops, suspension system, etc.) I have to really think abou this.
  10. E

Aside from wood difference, is one superior to the other in quality or features? I have a couple of deals... Yamaha Rock tour 12x9, 14x13, 16x15, 14x6 snare, 22x18 bass. Tama Silverstar 10x8, 12x9, 14x12, 16x14, 14x5 snare, 22x18 bass drum. Thank You for your replies.
  11. E

PDP Concept (Birch or Maple) vs Gretsch Catalina Club Classic

I know both brands use totally differerent woods. I've just been searching for info on their quality but I can't find much about that comparison. I'm just lookin something with a 20" kick, 4 piece. But between those two, which is better made? Thanks for taking some time to reply.
Back