Recent content by Dutch

1. D

Steve Gadd Meet & Greet

Cool! I have tickets to see James Taylor here at the vineyards in Bowral in a few weeks and guess Steve’s here acclimatising already!
  2. D

13" Brass Snares

I’d find a used Yamaha SD-4365 brass nouveau, I used to own one and it was fantastic in every respect. Dutch
  3. D

Sonor Tension Rod Diameter Problem

Why replace the original screws? That may affect resales value… if you don’t like carrying multiple keys just get one of these:
  4. D

Sonor Delite Fractured Dream

The tension rods grab into a rubber washer that is designed to make it hard to unscrew; an early version of Sonor’s tunesafe mechanism. Beautiful kit!
  5. D

Coated Ambassador's on Stage Custom?

I always had Aquarian texture coated heads on my SC and they sounded great.
  6. D

Sonor added Beech to their Kompressor snare line?

Thanks Frank, great and informed background details as always
  7. D

Sonor added Beech to their Kompressor snare line?

So do they ship the metal bits to Germany or the shells to Asia, for final assembly?
  8. D

which is the fastest popular song, you enjoy playing on drums?

I’ve tried but haven’t been able to do the entire trainbeat of Pat Metheney’s Last Train Home without spasms…
  9. D

UFiP hihat cymbal

Anyone can date this UFiP hihat? Haven't seen this particular one before: no serial number, just the squarish ink stamp "Made In Italy" on the reverse. Set of 14" hats, 850/950 grams. Thanks for your help, Dutch
  10. D

deleted

deleted
  11. D

Craviotto / Where they worth it?

By that logic we should all drive Corollas as well: no need for a Ferrari when any car can comfortably travel at the speed limit. There must be other factors at play..
  12. D

Don't @me on this but I think Pearl ......

You’d enjoy this
  13. D

deleted

deleted
  14. D

deleted

deleted
  15. D

Looking for 13" Snare suggestions

I own two Yamaha 13" x 6.5" 8 lug snares, a maple Sensitive series and a brass nouveau series. Both great drums and both discontinued, but can be found on eBay for less than $400.
Back