Recent content by Drums&Beer

1. Drums&Beer

Giant Beat Question

I recently acquired a very gently used Giant Beat 20" Multi reissue. I played it for the first time at band rehearsal last night. When this particular cymbal is crashed, a very high pitched overtone develops in its decay. By high pitched I mean a frequency that is on par with microphone...
  2. Drums&Beer

Best Mid Priced Conga drums??

Hey all, I am looking to acquire some congas in the next 3 months or so, actually just one to start off with. I'll add more drums as I improve. I have been playing drum set for over 25 years but I want to branch out into hand percussion, take some lessons on technique and such. I am hoping...
  3. Drums&Beer

Boss DB66 replacement

Well after many, many metronomic miles my old Boss DB66 bit the dust has been put out to pasture. Impulsively, I almost purchased a DB60 to replace it. I don't have a need for any of the more advanced features of a DB90 plus I don't want to pay $180.00 for a metronome. Before hitting the...
  4. Drums&Beer

Hessler's Open Handed Playing Vol. 1

Hey There, I am curious about this book as an added resource for developing left hand lead techniques & coordination ideas for open handed playing. Can anyone vouch for it? In the past as a tool for seeking balance and fluidity in my playing I have used some standards like Dowd's Funky Primer...
  5. Drums&Beer

Chris "Daddy" Dave

Without a doubt. Chris Dave is killer. I have never heard such rim-click finesse. His ability to warp rhythms with metric modulation is up there wit them best of them too. I think it's about time Dave King gets a page as well as Tony Allen (couple of my favs there).
  6. Drums&Beer

Barriemore Barlow

Re: Any Barriemore Barlow fans out there? I am pretty sure that Clive Bunker played drums on "Aqualung" and not Barriemore Barlow. Hmmm. I'll have to look that up.
  7. Drums&Beer

Barriemore Barlow

Re: Any Barriemore Barlow fans out there? In my very humble opinion, "Thick As a Brick" is one of the greatest rock-n-roll records ever, and Barriemore's performance on it is one for the ages.
Back