Recent content by Drumolator

1. D

Another quarantine project

It looks quite good and fun to play. Peace and goodwill.
  2. D

Is there such a thing as a bad Sabian?

I love Sabian best and Paiste second. Both brands have been good for me. Peace and goodwill.
  3. D

Do you buy multiple sticks or more of the same pairs?

I nearly always but the same stick a 5A or 55A. Peace and goodwill.
  4. D

Who are the top three drummers you admire and why ?

Vinnie Colaiuta Gregg Bissonette Brian Blade I like these three because they can all play many different styles / genres of music. Peace and goodwill.
  5. D

The fun sized demo!

The drums sound very good. Enjoy! Peace and goodwill.
  6. D

Sabian AAX Xplosion Crashes ?

I love the AAX Xplosion Crashes. I have a 17" and a 19". To me those are the best. Peace and goodwill.
  7. D

Stick Response of Single-Ply vs. Double-Ply Heads

I have never noticed a difference. Drums sound very different from a few yards in front of the kit than sitting behind it. Drums tuned real low have very little tone out in front. Peace and goodwill.
  8. D

Need advice on bar gig miking, 2 channels only

As others have said, I would mic the bass drum and put one overhead. I have done that many times. Peace and goodwill.
  9. D

Cymbals mounted on tom stands?

I have mounted toms from cymbal stands and mounted cymbals from tom stands. I ended up adding a tom holder to my bass drums so that I could put the tom in the same place every time without all the issues of a stand. Peace and goodwill.
  10. D

Worship drummer - variety?

Check out For All Seasons on Youtube. Peace and goodwill.
  11. D

Your next planned purchase

At this point all I plan to buy is sticks and heads. Peace and goodwill.
  12. D

Small Crashes Anyone?

I must fess up. I took the 15" and 17" crashes to church because of the low volume at which we play. I now have 17' and 19" AAX X-plosion Crashes. Peace and goodwill.
  13. D

Real wood veneers, or engineered?

I care about how the drums sound. I care about how they look. I care about how well the drums last (durability). How they are described does not matter to me at all. Peace and goodwill.
  14. D

Show us your Four Piece Kits.

Here my new setup of my only kit. Peace and goodwill
  15. D

Looking for recommendations for lightweight cymbal stands.

I like the Gibraltar 4700 series. I have two of the boom stands, and they are light weight and sturdy. Peace and goodwill.