Recent content by Drumolator

1. D

Is this good for the price?

It depends on what Gretsch series it is. If that is one of the Catalina series drums, that is not a good price. Some B8 Pro cymbals sound OK, and most of them are so-so. The rack is good. I would not pay more than $800 for that. Peace and goodwill.
  2. D

Ever take a piece of equipment you only play once during gig?

Cowbell; Peace and goodwill.
  3. D

14x14 floor tom vs 14x12 hanging floor tom

The last time I bought a "hanging" floor tom, I put legs on it. Peace and goodwill.
  4. D

Metal vs Wood - these Snares Sound the Same - Video by Sounds Like A Drum

I like all of their videos because they try out things that drummers assume are true. Often the drummers' assumptions are wrong. Peace and goodwill.
  5. D

The Fascination with 4pc

It is simply that I play my best when playing a four-piece kit. Peace and goodwill.
  6. D

Sold my Saturns (2011-2024 retrospective)

I am a BIG fan of Saturn drums. May they give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.
  7. D

Home vs gig

I very rarely play at home because of the lack of a space to do it. I do go to my church once a week to practice "drummy" kind of stuff. Peace and goodwill.
  8. D

Playing drums without a band: what keeps you motivated?

What motivates me is playing music I like. I am 67, and I am playing better than I ever have before. Peace and goodwill.
  9. D

So what is it with the cheaper snare drums?

I like steel shelled snares. I have owned a few although I do not own one now. Peace and goodwill.
  10. D

Ordering new music gear question...

That is what happens sometimes, if they do not have it in stock. Peace and goodwill.
  11. D

whats your fav drum head

Evans has all of the sounds I need. Peace and goodwill.
  12. D

One crash setup

I played several gigs and jams with hats, a crash-ride, and a crash. I could do it now, but I like having three cymbals to crash. Peace and goodwill.
  13. D

You can only have three snare drums...

I only have three snare drums. Here is the one I will be using almost all of the time. Peace and goodwill.
  14. D

when do you "stack cymbals" ?

I do not stack cymbals when playing them, although I now have plenty of extras to experiment with. Peace and goodwill.
  15. D

New cymbal day

Nice! I bought new cymbals back on January 5. May they give you years of musical joy. Peace and goodwill.
Back