Recent content by jaykaydrums

1. jaykaydrums

Apps for backing tracks.

this one seems to be ok :) https://apps.apple.com/us/app/showone-pro-backing-tracks/id983764757
  2. jaykaydrums

I think I found a solution to my stick tape issue.

i use wilson, karakal and alien pro (depends on what i can get in multi-packs) and it works a treat for me! thicker and more durable than the drumstick-branded ones! :)
  3. jaykaydrums

Help please!!

Hi all. A friend has asked me to play this and do a recording for one of his air force cadets, however my sight reading is atrocious. Could anyone help me either do a quick video recording how this is played. Or show me/explain to me how to play it? Thanks a million!! 💙💙💙
  4. jaykaydrums

Freshly cleaned :)

Freshly cleaned cymbals, first time in a couple months they got cleaned, some had green patina on them from sweat drops, so they needed it :) i use barkeepers friend power cream on them, and im gentle around the logos :)
  5. jaykaydrums

Please recommend a good DAW

ahhhh my bad, thought it was lifetime updates, still a good deal though! :)
  6. jaykaydrums

Please recommend a good DAW

cockos reaper is good, ive been using it for years and its never let me down! :) $60 recommended cost for a lifetime licence and lifetime updates :)
  7. jaykaydrums

Want a mild nightmare story?

played a gig today that had a sound limiter, which pissed me off as they hadnt mentioned having one whe nthey booked us. and to top it off, the car we use to get us to the gig broke down, should of been home by 7pm, only jsut got home now (11:15pm).
  8. jaykaydrums

Cymbals keep getting bigger

i use 13" vented hi hats as my aux hats, as well as 19" and 20" crashes, but none of them are dark sounding, theyre all warm yet bright/attacky :)
  9. jaykaydrums

Ear Plugs just for a Night of Fun & Entertainment...

https://www.amazon.com/SureFire-Defenders-filtered-Earplugs-reusable/dp/B004DH65RI/ref=sr_1_7?crid=3QENLCUSK5I20&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.YgTGypZNTewul7unMnyNYdkzSlhahX5vkZF5wHH5r3ShL75gyWcXYaLGT0QOCOPxBi7p1K5W7WgjjUseji10AnwVKN54ySuVkl-RGgjVfdrCdY5HTK8fPV5hpCus1kccCcCB8Yzb3VTD1bUKIwcvwt12ae2BSNVz11T21YZ...
  10. jaykaydrums

Floor Tom Mic Holders - No more clips! Review and Demo

not a bad invention, i couldnt use them as i have my 18x16 floor tom as high as it'll go so theres no leg poking above the bracket for it to clamp onto.
  11. jaykaydrums

What do you think of the TARAN drums?

they look lovely! but having never played them, i dont have an opinion on their sound and playability yet.
  12. jaykaydrums

My report from the Las Vegas Drum Show 2024

very cool write up and very cool pics! i like bone custom drums, from slovenia i believe, they do a snare called the "carbcutter" which is a maple snare with a layer of carbon fibre sandwiched in the middle :)
  13. jaykaydrums

Video time capsule: Anyone remember this?

ohhhhh thats unlocked a core memory for me! i remember seeing it all them years ago when it first came out!!! thanks for the good nostalgia/memory lane trip thomas!! <3
  14. jaykaydrums

Yamaha Stage Custom Birch Floor Tom 18x16 two questions

theyre good drums, can get very deep and throaty sounding! <3 i got an 18" floor tom and i have an aquarian force 10 batter over classic clear on mine, and tuned low it thunders! :D
Back