Recent content by DrumEatDrum

1. DrumEatDrum

New Gig-ish

I actually saw Trixter open for the Scorpions in like 92? 93? Anyhow, I have June 8th on my calendar. :)
  2. DrumEatDrum

Programming and Bass Drum Patterns

Funny you should mention that, as that was part of my next thought but I didn't type it out. I was thinking about how jazz went from 1900-1920s Dixieland and eventually became more complex rhythm into be-bop over many generations. And now maybe your basic rock is having a similar shift into...
  3. DrumEatDrum

John DeChristopher

True! I first met John when I was 19 or so. That was 30-something years ago.
  4. DrumEatDrum

Top 20 Drummer Firings -- 2000s Edition

I thought we had discussed that he wasn't fired from Agaisntg Me, that he quit without giving the band any notice. (though the band was somewhat inactive at the time).
  5. DrumEatDrum

Top 20 Drummer Firings -- 2000s Edition

He wasn't fired. He quit. But the yes he tried to un-quit and was told no. So I guess, in a way, he was fired for quitting. He was later let go from Avenged Sevenfold. That doesn't make any sense. lol.
  6. DrumEatDrum

Yacht Rock

It's a relatively new term to describe that era of music.
  7. DrumEatDrum

Programming and Bass Drum Patterns

Funny you should mention this. The other day I noticed just how much more syncopated modern hard rock and metal bands are. Instead of having a repeating 1 or 2 bar pattern of kick and snare, yeah, the bass drum pattern is constantly changing and the snare is no longer driving on 2 and 4 as...
  8. DrumEatDrum

Why Van Halen III Featured Eddie Van Halen -- Not Alex -- On Drums

I don't think anyone knew, Because no one bought that album. :ROFLMAO: The little I've heard from it was awful.
  9. DrumEatDrum

"Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding" cover by Metallica

Nope. With a few exceptions, most Metallica albums were recorded without a traditional ride cymbal. And hence, he rarely uses one live.
  10. DrumEatDrum

Am I Evil should be #1. I often forget it's a cover. Turn the Page was pretty good until they released that awful music video for it, which totally ruined their version in my eyes.
  11. DrumEatDrum

Kind of an odd song for Metallica to cover. And I'm partial to the Dream Theater version from the "Change of Seasons" album. As for Lars, he just kind of is at this point. Not as good as he was in 1989, but better than in the early 2000s.
  12. DrumEatDrum

Zildjian is "Bringing Back" something on April 9, 2024

I loved the Z Customs back in the 90s and early 2000s because they had the full body sound of an A but also the bright cut of a Paiste 2002. It was a nice hybrid of the two different sounds. Plus back then I liked to hit hard and they held up. But even in the studio, I thought they sounded...
  13. DrumEatDrum

Zildjian is "Bringing Back" something on April 9, 2024

I never understood why they got rid of the Z custom line. I loved them back in the 90s. That said, my time of needing cymbals that heavy is in my past.
  14. DrumEatDrum

Pics with drummers on the Top 500 list?

I've met so many drummers on that list, but pics? Yeah, I never took that many.
  15. DrumEatDrum

Band as a business.

What I find interesting is all the older musicians who are selling off the catalog of music and all rights. And that people (er, corporations) are playing millions upon millions for these rights, knowing that streaming on Spotify or whatever only pays fractions of a cent. Despite the fact...
Back