Recent content by Drum Mer

1. Drum Mer

What's your latest purchase?

Someone replaced the,m (as the modern ones fetch a pretty price) but they are both alu so it should sound the same. I have to admit I like the look of the Power Hoops quite a lot.
  2. Drum Mer

What piece of gear didn't live up to expectation.

With the righ heads and tuning they can be killer side and even main snares for some styles. I used one for over 20 years and only gave it to my friend because he needed a side snare and I just temporarily swiched to DW.
  3. Drum Mer

TV shows or movies that didn't hold up through the test of time for you.

Gotta love all these triggered responses 😂
  4. Drum Mer

You prove my point even more. Im glad there are less and less of you guys walking around this earth.
  5. Drum Mer

How to say you are old skool alpha, without saying you are old skool alpha. These are evolved times now, and the old ways are (luckily) mostly done. No is no, its not playing hard to get (the f is that way of thinking anyway) and no self respected women will think that is sexy (what a f joke)...
  6. Drum Mer

And it fits: And its its 2” shorter than the cancon called daxdad 😂 It does make up a bit for the diameter shortage.
  7. Drum Mer

Virgin bass drum myth/hoax

You can also mount it on the rim flange of the tom, that has the same effect. Using a light stand works even more.
  8. Drum Mer

A new old stock condition Rick Marotta Hip-Gig. It even came with the original heads, spacers, manual and catalogs.
  9. Drum Mer

As much as I love the movie (my favorite) , the “rape” scene in Blade Runner didn’t held up well. Also the very rapy and sexist older James Bond is terrible to watch now we learned so much more about consent. Even if it is in movies.
  10. Drum Mer

Ordered My New DW Set Today

Rich man. A single kick will cost between 2 and 3k here. I wanted to order a full set, but the prices in Europe are just insane thanks to gewa ans all the other world issues that raise prices. Congrats!!
  11. Drum Mer

Should I get a Steel snare?

The only steel I would consider (after having owned both a cheap stage custom and more expensive stainless steel custom from yamaha). And even this is ony my “im not sure I like it” list. I think I prefer alu and cast bronze more.
  12. Drum Mer

MacGuyver tips and tricks??

Its a tama style model tom clamp that you can use for cymbals too as stated above
  13. Drum Mer

The Black Beauty on records

It could have been helped by the Wendell Jr. during the process.
  14. Drum Mer

The Black Beauty on records

The title song (and probalby more) is done on a Keplinger. That distinctive, but not cheap steel sounding zoing. Gregg Keplinger was Matt’s tech at that time and it seems he had Matt play his prototype’s. I read it was an 8” deep model.
  15. Drum Mer

Butt kicker anyone??

Im on my fifth in 8 years (each time an upgrade/change of model). I started with a loan model BC, then the gigster, then the BC Rack, then the custom X (with the BC transducer inside it, and rack amp as I found it lacking just like the gigster), and now this model. I do want to see if I can...