donzo74's latest activity

• donzo74
    Potentially preposterous...perfectly p!ausible, perhaps :unsure: Oops I just “p’d” all over this thread...😬
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread Chester Thompson Interview.
    I've always enjoyed Chester's playing and Zappa's One Size Fits All is one of my absolute favorite albums. I had the pleasure of seeing...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread Gene Krupa.
    It's so funny that you should say this! Gene was my grandmother's favorite, too! My grandma and grandpa told me a story that my grandpa...
  • donzo74
    So THAT'S what it is! I have a 14x6.5 Hammered Bronze Supra w/ Imp lugs and there is a dark outline on the shell around the rubber...
  • donzo74
    Yamaha Power Road - Garnet Red - Christmas '87
    • 1609794918105.png
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread what snare is this?.
    That's tough, so blurry. Looks like a Pearl throw off and possibly Masters bridge lugs, so could be a 14x5.5 Pearl Masters or MCX...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 reacted to Kuromaku's post in the thread Yamaha Snare Date with Like Like.
    The bolts are quite central - not toward the top and bottom of the shell - so more evidence of the time period.
  • donzo74
    donzo74 replied to the thread Yamaha Snare Date.
    Yeah, seems like the dashes are a bit inconsistent. I'd go with the Oct 2000 date. The gold plating looks like it's in really good...
  • donzo74
    Likewise! The serial # dating thing just always struck me as a fun aspect of Yamaha drums, and Ludwigs to an extent, although I own less...
  • donzo74
    Two letter prefix is possible after 1990. My brother has a Maple Custom Absolute snare, 14x6.5. His serial # starts with QZ, so we said...
  • donzo74
    Was it already that dark brown when you first got it or was it a lighter, pinkish color? It takes several years for that vintage finish...
  • donzo74
    I agree. The only ambiguity is in the Q. It could be Oct of 1990 if the OP had this drum prior to 2000, it could be a 90's drum. The...
  • donzo74
    donzo74 reacted to MusiQmaN's post in the thread Yamaha Snare Date with Like Like.
    That should at least be October. I would say October 2000.
  • donzo74
    donzo74 reacted to Al Strange's post in the thread Show us your Premier kits!! with Love Love.
    Here’s my 2005 custom Gen X: