Recent content by dirtyclinic

1. dirtyclinic

Are DW drums still cool?

They must be cool. I am still buying them.
  2. dirtyclinic

New Low Volume Setup

Added Remo Silentstroke heads.
  3. dirtyclinic

Stupid Deal of the Day - Aquabats Kit for $200

Added Remo Silentstroke heads.
  4. dirtyclinic

What's your latest purchase?

PDP Aquabats kit with low volume cymbals.
  5. dirtyclinic

New Low Volume Setup

They are Remo branded but I don't know the model. The kit is the same as the current PDP New Yorker but with the Aquabats wrap. It has the small 16in kick which i think is pretty cool. 10 and 13 inch toms and a 14 inch snare.
  6. dirtyclinic

I made this a low volume kit with homemade mutes and a $66 set of cymbals.
  7. dirtyclinic

New Low Volume Setup

I bought this PDP Aqubats kit on the Musician's Friend Stupid Deal of the day for $199. I got the cymbals from Amazon for $66. They are Mosico/Arborea brand low volume cymbals. They are 14" hi-hats, 16" crash, 18in crash, and 20in ride. I think the cymbals sound awesome and they are very quiet...
  8. dirtyclinic

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. So flipping it is out.
  9. dirtyclinic

The example on the website looks like mine too. Maybe they meant to do it that way. Also, it can be used like a normal bass drum without the riser I think. Using it that way would put the rounded side out.
  10. dirtyclinic

Okay, the notch is definitely cut on the flatter side of the hoop. The other side has that radius that would suggest it is the correct side for the claws. Weird. It seems to work fine and it isn't a 90 degree angle, there is a small edge break on it but the other side is rounded.
  11. dirtyclinic

Ok. All finished. I used the Tune Bot and tuned them up all nicely. Its a pretty fun set to play. Now if I leave these at a friend's house that I jam at, it won't take up too much space at his house and I won't be worried that people are scratching it up. I am definitely not going to use this...
  12. dirtyclinic

Unboxed and put them together. I haven't played them yet but I will put them in my jam room and get some cymbals by them tomorrow.
  13. dirtyclinic

$199.99 + $14.50 tax + Free Shipping = $214.49 on your doorstep. I will post pics when I get it set up.
  14. dirtyclinic

Wow. It just went all the way back up to $499 overnight. A one day deal for sure. I am glad I got one even if it's just for fun. I am probably going to set it up a buddy's house that we jam at now and then. I would ever have to lug a normal set over there again.....maybe just cymbals.
  15. dirtyclinic

I just ordered mine. Too fun to pass up for that price. 9/21/2023 16in kick. PDP brand. Fun wrap. https://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/pdp-by-dw-aquabats-action-drums-4-piece-shell-pack/l96036000000001
Back