Recent content by Dibalo Jonze

1. Dibalo Jonze

Roland PM-100/200 or other V-drum monitors

Does anyone have a Roland PM-100 or PM-200 or experience with both or any other V-drum monitors? Looking for recommendations or warnings. I have a TD-20 and am mainly looking for in house amplification and the ability to rehearse with low volume drums and bass. In a rare instance I might want...
  2. Dibalo Jonze

whats your second instrument? (If you have one.)

Keys, guitar, bass, and voice. Not great at any but I have somehow performed on each one at different weddings. Having a strong rhythmic and dynamic command, sharp ears, and harmonic/chordal knowledge can get you a good ways as a rhythm player in an okay band.
  3. Dibalo Jonze

Bill Stewart in Chicago tonight!

Seeing them twice in Denver next week. Life is good indeed
  4. Dibalo Jonze

Full Fall Festival Set with the Latin Band

Great stuff @dwsabianguy ! Fun band
  5. Dibalo Jonze

which 3 percussion you would find useful to have as part of your drums?

Agogo Bells + Cowbell + Left foot wood block
  6. Dibalo Jonze

Turning off a click when song slows at the end

If it's an app on your phone then hopefully it's not too much to use your left hand in between a couple backbeats to reach over and turn it off towards the end. I use this product to attach to my HH stand and hold my phone (visual metronome) a few inches away. [See amazon link below]...
  7. Dibalo Jonze

What's your favorite thing about being a drummer?

The sensation of hitting and hearing the drums and being in the moment while improvising.
  8. Dibalo Jonze

We are all officially obsolete

That drummer really drives the band
  9. Dibalo Jonze

The thing that benefited your playing the most

A thirst to learn as many styles and concepts as I can get my hands on.
  10. Dibalo Jonze

Music related names

John Bonham. Crazy how similar his last name was to the musical term ‘Bonham triplets’
  11. Dibalo Jonze

Independence and Interdependence in a musical context?

@toddbishop also has great books in addition to the systems in his blogs. One thing I really like about his main book of the blog series is that each book seems to contain sections/systems/grooves touching on jazz, Afro-Caribbean, South-American, funk, advanced time concepts, rock perhaps. I...
  12. Dibalo Jonze

Independence and Interdependence in a musical context?

Sounds good. I'm not sure what there is I could have taken personally, other than you not wanting to share interesting intellectual property for free on the internet, which I fully respect. Just always interesting to hear the different ways people categorize the large swath of information...
  13. Dibalo Jonze

Thoughts on playing with a light touch

There are tons of advantages of practicing and playing quietly that can benefit your music, body, wallet.... -Basically, dynamics are crucial as others have said. You can't have sweet without sour. Loud and quiet are relative terms so if you're playing loud all the time then it's not as easy...
Back