Recent content by DaleClark

1. DaleClark

Recorded acoustic drums sound terrible in Logic Pro - help?

In my experience, the worst the room, the closer the mics. Use thick moving blankets to surround the kit will help a bit. A good-sounding room gives one so many mic options. Even one 57 in front of a well-tuned kit can sound really good in a great-sounding room.
  2. DaleClark

Sentimental Gear?

My 60's vintage Zildjian A-Series Hi-Hats. The hats came with my first drumset (1969 Ludwigs Sky Blue -20/12/14-14 Supraphonic) that my dad purchased for me in 1978. I still have the 12 and 14 tom from that set (my main set) and added a 60's 22 inch virgin BD and 18 inch 60's floor tom in the...
  3. DaleClark

Yamaha Phoenix (PHX) Drums

How many PHX kits does Yamaha a year? You never see them in the shops.
  4. DaleClark

Neil Peart HYF/Presto kit in storage (see pics). Who owns this?

I think the drum platform may be turned around (electronic side facing us). Bass drum seems closer to front edge plus lots of mounting holes close to the edge as well.
  5. DaleClark

Here's the RTB Kit. Looks like the Ludwig Claw Mount Cymbal arm and The Tama mount was taken out (maybe carried over to the CP kit?). I'm guessing all the gold stands and some hardware were reused. I watched the Paul Wells/Drum History Channel podcast and discovered the first DW press release...
  6. DaleClark

if you get a chance, ask him if the Cotton Tail kit was Neil’s warm up kit during the Presto tour?
  7. DaleClark

Lee Kerslake

I'd say that is true. Really sad how they were treated. Let's face it, Sharon runs that show 100%.
  8. DaleClark

Neil Peart

I wonder what Neil would have thought about modern Ludwig classic maples. I’m sure, if Neil lived, he would have probably stayed retired or not even mess with changing brands again if he did play.
  9. DaleClark

Lee Kerslake

Let us know how the doc is. I have a lot of respect for Tommy Aldridge never trying to avoid the whole Ozzy thing ( Lee on the record, Tommy on the cover). Tommy strait up gives praise for Lee.
  10. DaleClark

Updated Neusonics on SW…prices went up

I have purchased items from Sweetwater for many years. I'll generally get 8-20% off when asking for a discount from a sales rep. Unless the manufacturer has a strict agreement with the store, SW is pretty good to work with. Let's say you get 10% off the new Ludwigs, that is still a major price...
  11. DaleClark

The standard round DW was the throne, I believe, since 97. I purchased & tried the DW Tractor seat throne after 40 + years using the same, hard, round adjustable shop stool. I just could not get comfortable with it. My wife started using it with her sewing machine so I purchased a new DW round...
  12. DaleClark

A great article about Corder Drums.... featuring a photo of our very own Bermuda!

Imagine a drum ad today with a bunch of men with ties. Every drum literature from the 70s and 80s featured men who looked like school band directors.
  13. DaleClark

You are right. The ONE DW kit that sounded really good was the first one where he used Remo Ambassadors
Back