Recent content by CYP

1. CYP

Tim Baltes drumless tracks

Played over another Tim Baltes track today, so figured I'd just post here rather than start a new thread (mods have "encouraged" this behavior in the past :))
  2. CYP

Glad ya dig! Haven't really worked on it much as of late but certainly hearing it all over huh? Fun to at least attempt the Dilla vibes even when faking it :-)
  3. CYP

SOAD - Lonely Day - Drum Cover

Oh man you just took me back 15 years! Dug the trippy vid in the beginning. Way to play heavy stuff w/ blast sticks!
  4. CYP

Practicing DRAGONFORCE

Nice sounds man! Are we hearing bass drum triggers? Dig the blast-ish punkish stuff.
  5. CYP

Squib Cakes drum intro

Oh yeah! Such a great tune and intro. Way to make it happen on the pad kit!
  6. CYP

Manu Katché - Sledgehammer

Nice pocket!
  7. CYP

Thanks much, Rock!
  8. CYP

Do you all know Tim Baltes? He's a great drummer and all around funny dude, and he makes awesome "drumless tracks." They are currently available on bandcamp as a "pay what you want" model. Pretty generous and really fun to play too! Here's "String Cheese Means Snack Time." Also if anyone...
  9. CYP

50 songs in 2 years

Hahaha! You crack me up. And glad you're a fan of Play it, Chester, I like that moment as well :) Hmmmm come to think of it I did choke on an orange for awhile once as a young child.... ;) Thanks again!
  10. CYP

50 songs in 2 years

Thanks so much, Sacco! That really means alot :)
  11. CYP

50 songs in 2 years

I didn't take it as such!! Zappa is not an intentional influence but certainly an artist that I love. And his drummers were always AMAZING. To be honest I need to spend more time with his catalog on the whole :)
  12. CYP

50 songs in 2 years

Thanks so much! I've been getting the Zappa comparison a lot and I am not mad at that at all!!!
  13. CYP

50 songs in 2 years

Here's a reel I made of 50 tunes I've written/performed over the past couple of years. Many of them I have posted here before so you may see snippets you recognize, and I've gotten a lot of great feedback and motivation from having done so... so thanks to the DW community!! And hope you enjoy :)
  14. CYP

Charlie Hunter virtual collab

Charlie has been posting a bunch of vids that people are jamming to after the fact. I actually did this one too (), but funnily enough hear the beat in a different place! Nice playing, Tony.
  15. CYP

Swiss Matthias' short beatz thread

Diggggg man! Super funky drummer vibes and those fun little sextuplet things in there are cool :)