Captain Bash's latest activity

• Captain Bash
    Same for me, given the same room heads, sizes and tuning, I pretty much sound the same on any kit unless it’s really extreme...
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash replied to the thread DCP Threads.
    I fully agree with the stance taken by the moderators on this, from a purely selfish standpoint the DCP videos are a very useful...
  • Captain Bash
    I wouldn’t overly worry about this, I would just leave alone and play it as is. It’s the opposite of a perfect Paiste. I use a 22 Agop...
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash replied to the thread Your least played snare(s).
    My least played snare is pearl ultracast 14 x 5.5“ it’s a nice drum but for some reason it never gets picked, however I am lucky enough...
  • Captain Bash
    Dunnett Titanium 14 x 6.5 absolutely great drum, unlike many metal drums it doesn’t generate weird over/undertones. Sits well with my...
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash replied to the thread too many cymbals?.
    If you have more cymbals than drums on your kit you are a cymbler not a drummer ! I recently rectified my addiction to Turkish bronze...
  • Captain Bash
    Ohhh I don’t know, I work in some out of the way places Aleutian Islands, Siberia and remote jungle. Using the local vegetation, stream...
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash replied to the thread Bosphorus Hi Hats.
    The Bosphorus Groove hats (I own 14” and 15” versions) are great all round hats, they sit somewhere between bright n dark. The New...
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash replied to the thread Cracked Stave Shell.
    Hi Brady Drums, Thanks, I am not in the USA but the UK, I guess I could ship it over to the USA. Thanks for the advice.
  • Captain Bash
    I have no experience of either brand/kit but one thing to consider is how the drums actually respond to your playing with your sticks...
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash replied to the thread Steel snare drum question.
    I am just going to say if we’re mentioning high end steel snares then the 90s king of them all is the Ayotte Keplinger. A stainless...
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash replied to the thread What for?.
    Ohhhh it’s obvious, its one of those brand xyz snare toilet bags.Take on all the liquids you like and unload with confidence mid song...
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash replied to the thread Cracked Stave Shell.
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash posted the thread Cracked Stave Shell in Drums.
    Anyone have any experience in fixing a partially split mid stave shell. Bit distraught, decided to give my Brady Stave 14 x 7 snare...
  • Captain Bash
    Captain Bash replied to the thread I Followed Bo's Advice....
    Not that I am single headed myself but.... one of my biggest drumming influences (Steve Jansen) could work a muffled concert tom set up...