Recent content by Botiarazman

1. B

Kit piics!

Yup, 5th one is for a splash, I've broken it tho, so no splash rn 😆 And yup, gotta have 2 floors.
  2. B

Kit piics!

Yyeeah, I do the offset toms because I hate to have that extra space between the 10" and the hihat. I also like to have access to that tom with the left hand, I like to play flams and stuff.
  3. B

Kit piics!

Ooh alright. Didn't recognise those lugs..!
  4. B

Kit piics!

Nice! What brand is the first kit?
  5. B

Kit piics!

Moral of the story: cheap(-ish) drums can look cool too! 😏 (Atleast imho it looks cool, waiting for your opinions) Also it's such a powerful feeling to sit down behind a decent kit in a big room like this and just go for it...
  6. B

Best/strongest quick set cymbal nut?

Fair. Lol I only need one on this particular stand. But I might just end up getting an x-hat arm or sth...
  7. B

Best/strongest quick set cymbal nut?

What are the strongest quick set cymbal nuts? I have a stack that I have to put together/take apart between songs, because I use the cymbals separately as well. But the Tama quick set cymbal mate thingie that I have is just not strong enough to keep the stack tight, so I have to use a normal...
  8. B

Screws for snare throw-off

Hey everyone! I broke one of the screws that keep the plastic strip holding the snare wires in place. Anyone know where I can buy a replacement?
  9. B

Simon Phillips signature sticks

http://www.simon-phillips.com/gear.htm His website says he uses his signature sticks. https://equipboard.com/pros/simon-phillips https://www.moderndrummer.com/article/simon-phillips/ These say so as well, although the second one mentions he uses the model "FBH550TW" occasionally.
  10. B

A guide to drum books

I was more bored than frustrated... it just didn't feel like I was getting at anything. I was just going through the pages but there wasn't any challenge in that... I realized I probably wasn't doing it the right way.
  11. B

A guide to drum books

So I've been playing for 10 years, but tbh I have the skill level/experience of someone who's been playing for 5 or maybe 6. Also, only 3 of those 10 years have been on an acoustic set. And this summer will be the first time when I can actually practice on my acoustics outside of band rehearsal...
  12. B

A guide to drum books

Hey everyone! I'm about to start working my way through a drum book, haven't decided which one I should get though. This is my basically my first time working with a book (though i tried practicing Stick Control but I gave up after about a week because I'm just bad at staying motivated and I got...
  13. B

Choose between 8 inch Tom or 14 floor

...And now it's 12, 13, 16, 18 and 22. And the octobans.
  14. B

Choose between 8 inch Tom or 14 floor

14". You can always tune your 10" high enough to be in the same range as an 8". Imo it can even sound better, depending on the style. But a 14" can't really be approached that well by a 16", because you lose some of the boom of a floor tom. But that's just my preferences.
  15. B

Simon Phillips signature sticks

They feel like toothpicks imo. 😂 But to each their own. It's soo subjective.