Recent content by bonzolead

1. bonzolead

Greyson Nekrutman

The kid is a great drummer and has chops for days, but play a 4 bar blues once in awhile...lol
  2. bonzolead

Small feet and heel down - which shortboard pedal???

Pricey but the new 50th anniversary dw5000 have a carbon fiber footboard that is very light and responsive. but a single pedal is about $450 usd. I also play heel-down and to my tastes it a wonderful pedal. They make a hi-hat pedal also FYI. Good Luck, Bonzolead
  3. bonzolead

Which are the 2 top cymbals brands, and would you rather

Robert & Avedis were having creative differences that's why Robert started Sabian, You know he knew the secret alloy formula..lol that's all I meant by that.
  4. bonzolead

Bass drum tom mounts making a comeback

I agree I like bd tom mounts on 24" or less bd. with my Ludwig 26" bd it almost has to be a snare stand imo. my 1985 power tour custom Yamaha kit has a 24" bd with a tom mount they sound great but that Yamaha tom mount sold me on that kit so user friendly...lol as always keep swattin' Bonzolead
  5. bonzolead

Which are the 2 top cymbals brands, and would you rather

I gotta go with Zildjian & Paiste. Sabian was founded by Robert Zildjian so if you say Sabian basically you're saying Zildjian...lol Keep Swattin' Bonzolead
  6. bonzolead

Bass drum tom mounts making a comeback

Anybody notice the comeback of bass drum tom mounts? I like virgin bass drums but dont care for cymbal stand tom mounts that why I use a snare stand, plus im a one up, one or two down player. I like that the bass drum tom mounts are making a comeback as i like a more punchier bass drum and it...
  7. bonzolead

What's your favorite thing about being a drummer?

Hauling my equipment around for minimal pay :p jk but we do it because we love playing.
  8. bonzolead

Found a 1970s Supra!

thats awesome.
  9. bonzolead

Found a 1970s Supra!

yeah I was talking extreme listings I would never pay that...ever..lol. those pointy badge LM402's are still pretty pricey though. if only my 76 acrolite was like that. :p
  10. bonzolead

My favorite sticks

i'm boring lately it's been VF 5b nylon tip, but they are just a great playing stick. now that regal tip is back in business i'd like to check out their 5b or maybe even their rock size stick. for a light stick i've always adored the regal tip 7a nylon tip great side click sound also.
  11. bonzolead

Are Ludwig Vistalite Jellybean Kits Really A Thing?

I love the sound & looks of acrylics they are just really heavy compared to wood drums.
  12. bonzolead

Lightest 2-leg hihat stand?

Don't know if you're dead set on a 2 legged hi-hat stand but I've heard good things about the Yamaha crosstown hardware and the hi hat stand weighs 4.8 lbs. keep swattin', Bonzolead
  13. bonzolead

Found a 1970s Supra!

One thing ive noticed is the price increase on 70's supras,its insane...lol seen a 76' LM402 asking price $1300 usd. i know its the real deal but holy moly. like to find one and hang on too it. kinda like a old classic car lol keep swattin'
  14. bonzolead

pdp Concept Wood Hoop kit NAMM 2015

Just wondering if anybody has heard any info,pricepoints,sizes,etc. regarding this pdp kit from NAMM 2015?. i've heard 22",24",26" bass drum options but strictly rumors. seems like a very nice kit & being pdp the price could be nice also. any input much appreciated...thanks. keep swattin'...
Back