Recent content by baz

1. baz

Sports for supporting your drumming

Another vote for the bicycle. Great exercise, environmentally friendly, highly addictive Good luck and good drumming Barry
  2. baz

Enjoyment vs. Ability

Hola Dot Comrades As of now, my equation is a little more complex. I have to factor enthusiasm and opportunity into the mix as my band seems to be going through this transitional hiatus and it is really killing my desire to play. It is probably time for me to put away the sticks for a while and...
  3. baz

What's something music-related that scared you as a kid?

The song Spill the Wine by the animals. l remember my three brothers and l sleeping in our unfinished basement with the transister radio tuned to a local am radio station,630 ched . Whenever that spooky meandering song came on l wanted to bolt upstairs ans sleep with my parents. have a great...
  4. baz

Out of condition!

Hola Mapex l recently hit the need me feed me age of sixty four and in my case what doesn't hurt , doesn’t work. I am somewhat one dimensional when it comes to all things fitness as l am a big big fan of the bicycle. I ride as much as l can, considering climate and conditions. I refer to myself...
  5. baz

Cycled 55km today

Good on you l am a bit of a bike nut myself. I ride my bike as often as l can as it helps keep me fit both physically and mentally. l have to warn you though, the more that you ride, the more you will want to ride. It’s an up and downhill spiral that may lead you down a path or two or three...
  6. baz

What's your latest purchase?

Thanks Ronzo l have used racks before but always go back to stands. This simple front rack allows me to set up my kit in wank mode, which should amuse the magpies that gather in my yard. lf l can turn wankery into music then l will possibly gig with it. have a great weekend Barry
  7. baz

What's your latest purchase?

I picked up a used rack.
  8. baz

Jams

For years l used to cringe anytime l heard a bar/wedding/jam band play Mustang Sally. i really hated that song so when our band decided to add it to our repertoire, l held my nose and played. l did not count on liking it as much as l do now. It is a fun song to play and play around with. Not...
  9. baz

Do you have any other passions besides drums/drumming/drum gear?

Bicycle this is the source of all of my superpowers.
  10. baz

What devices do you listen to music on?

Hola Dot Comrades I listen to most of my music from my i phone through a blue tooth speaker. I use a jbl go 2 when l am on my bike, and a jbl charge3 at home. life and it’s sound track is so much simpler to manage now. have a great weekend all Barry
  11. baz

Post your Gig Pics

Hola dot comrades. last weekend l got to enjoy three of my favorite pass times. Cycling, camping, and music. One of my bandidos held a bit of a music fest out at his cabin on Hastings Lake. I drove out on Thursday to drop off my drums and camping gear, Friday It was a 45 km bike ride from my...
  12. baz

Post your Gig Pics

Hola Dot Comrades. we did our first gig in over two years this past weekend. It went surprisingly well considering we lost two former members and gained two new replacements, Also, this was my first gig playing my Pearls. I love the big boomy warmth of my deedubs, but the Pearls seem louder...
  13. baz

Post Your Most Cancelable Drum Opinions

I rarely feel like l am a drummer but l always feel like l am a musician.
  14. baz

Who's your favorite drummer?

Alex Gonzalez
  15. baz

Practicing Under the Influence - Your Experiences?

Hola dot comrades I prefer the natural high that playing provides rather than the high provided by the use of recreational intoxicants. My fear has always been that if l play under the influence and l think l am slamming beyond my normal limitations, l will need to maintain that level of...
Back