Recent content by BacteriumFendYoke

1. BacteriumFendYoke

Proper Music

Rock music is pretty much dead. Occasionally we have something vaguely interesting but it's now what 50's 'Rock and Roll' was to the 1980s. Something you see now and again as nostalgia. Metal is doing fine (although there isn't much new in metal, just development of what's been there before...
  2. BacteriumFendYoke

PDP CX wrap removal

A lot of nerdy computer people (my kind of people) use it on faded plastics a lot. The results vary but it's quite possible to restore a very beige 80s computer to nearly-new condition.
  3. BacteriumFendYoke

PDP CX wrap removal

I very vaguely seem to recall that the wrap is only glued at the seams with double-sided tape but this is a memory from a number of years ago when these drums were newer. Please don't trust this information, though! I may be wrong. It was a long time ago. EDIT: Please ignore, I think I've...
  4. BacteriumFendYoke

American football!!!

Test matches are always well-attended over here. Really, it's the first-class game that needs support and that's where T20 can make or break the game. I'm ten minutes from Kent's main home ground and really need to start showing my face more in the domestic first-class season. The (beautiful)...
  5. BacteriumFendYoke

American football!!!

I can't stand 20/20 - but I do 'get' that it's important financially for the game at the moment. It has its place. Just not on my TV...
  6. BacteriumFendYoke

How OCD are you about your set up?

No mention here about picking fights over issues that occurred eight years ago. Which is what really brought the attention - not the discussion over the definitions of words. Prior to that, I don't think we were having an issue.
  7. BacteriumFendYoke

So I made the suggestions via-a-vis language and then the original poster decides to bring up issues from a thread he posted 8 years ago? And you’re admonishing me for picking a fight? What’s the policy on that, Grunt? Why aren’t you asking him to mind himself? I don’t think you actually...
  8. BacteriumFendYoke

Sorry Grunt, I think you’ve utterly missed the point. Maybe - as you mods can’t agree on this - you might want to have a chat between yourselves.
  9. BacteriumFendYoke

American football!!!

Plenty of beer going around usually.
  10. BacteriumFendYoke

American football!!!

Not a fan of pyjama stuff either. 5 day draws are a wonderful concept.
  11. BacteriumFendYoke

American football!!!

Anyone fancy a short primer on the rules of cricket? Impossible. I miss cricket.
  12. BacteriumFendYoke

Proper Music

I think the issue here is that people have to look for music themselves now (even though it's much more easy to access it) rather than have somebody else curate it, i.e. a radio DJ or station. Some of the best music that I have in my collection and listen to regularly has been made in the last...
  13. BacteriumFendYoke

Can we please stop using the term 'OCD' for things that are not actually OCD-related? What you mean is 'particular'. How 'particular' are you. Do you think that something bad will happen if you don't set your kit up properly? Like your Mum dying? No? Do you have to obsessively check it...
  14. BacteriumFendYoke

Leland Sklar....The best ever

Guy Pratt's (and Leland's) videos have been fantastic. Guy Pratt really ought to do stand-up, he is hilarious.
  15. BacteriumFendYoke

Pic of yourself

Nope.