Recent content by Andy

1. Andy

Cleaner Forum without Google ads...

Nor do I - I was joking of course, somewhat inappropriately. I'll ban myself for a day ;)
  2. Andy

Cleaner Forum without Google ads...

It means I'll no longer have my Drummerworld experience ruined by pictures of scantily clad women, latex apparel, and fur lined restraint devices. I have no idea why there's such a prevalence of these adverts on my computer ;)
  3. Andy

Fired for COVID/ Age

Sounds to me like they're using Covid related concerns as an excuse. Given their attitude, you're probably better off out of it sooner rather than later anyhow. Sorry to hear of your treatment. You may have just dodged a bullet.
  4. Andy

A little cover we threw together back when covid started

Yes, shame about the singer, she has a very pleasing & honest delivery. Piano gain distorting doesn't help the mix, but the overall performance by all is still very pleasant to listen to. Nice job :)
  5. Andy

Yamaha HexRack weight

Of course, weight depends on configuration. I use Hexrack for my 6 piece live setup, and it's way lighter & more compact than anything I could create with cymbal stands, but in your case, it might be a close call. If you're only holding up 2 toms & 2 cymbals, there's likely lower weight...
  6. Andy

Our band's TikTok video has received over 277k views in just 2.5 days! Check it out here!

Very cool! Not even considered that platform. Apparently, I read you can now upload a video exceeding 1 minute if generated off the platform. BTW, great vocal vibe right there!
  7. Andy

Throw In The Towel

I live off piste too, & my black car never gets washed November through end of March. Due to the current situation, that's extended this year to now, so 9 months without a wash!
  8. Andy

A million little candles

Nice! Any lyrics / vocal to go with the song?
  9. Andy

Tom mics?

Agreed, & if it's only up to 50 people in the audience, just a bass drum mic should do the trick just fine for most musical situations.
  10. Andy

Now you're actually here - welcome!
  11. Andy

Editing action has been taken to reduce the potentially upsetting & excessive use of full stops in Chris's post from 3 to 1. Never think the mod's aren't right on their game ;)
  12. Andy

Very good drummer Emmanuelle Caplette

Some SP in there for sure, and a really great performance. Love the hats & ride groove especially - flows beautifully.
  13. Andy

COVID and Creativity

Agreed. We had a band meeting last night & reviewed our calendar. We should have been right in the middle of some great stuff right now :( More than that, we openly discussed mental health impacts, and it was clear we're all suffering in one way or another, and that manifests itself in...
  14. Andy

Drum Hack: No More "Basketbally" Floor Tom Tone

Ben, I'm usually of the same mindset as you, and fully supportive of open resource. I've shared a lot of hard won information, even unique designs, & placed them in the public domain. I no longer have a business reason to contain information (not that it ever was much of a consideration) since...
  15. Andy

Drum Hack: No More "Basketbally" Floor Tom Tone

Great video as always Ben, & a good enough fix for a misbehaving drum if other standard options aren't working. I've done a fair bit of work on the "basketball" effect, mainly on bass drum, but also on floor tom. The work I did was aimed at identifying what makes it happen, and seeking to...