Recent content by Alex Sanguinetti

1. Alex Sanguinetti

is improving inevitable

I have his welknown book "Effortless Mastery " since the 90´s...(from top right, number 10), I know him in person slightly too...went to many of his concerts (these are just a few of my books).
  2. Alex Sanguinetti

is improving inevitable

You are not reading my message, it says IN GENERAL, not ALL Beginners, and in general it is...you are just not sure...anyway, the thread starter is a beginner (he is trying to play some basic rock rhythms in his own words)... You are recomending a Kenny Werner book to someone who is just trying...
  3. Alex Sanguinetti

Fast fills on toms in metal

I was playing doubles, yes, and understood the question was about that... Reading again, the question was somehow about both, I think Ive got the first part mixed up, glup, you are right, since the thread starter was complaining about his doubles also (and longer) I got confused... Anyway if...
  4. Alex Sanguinetti

No, 16 beats done each/per second, that is the speed we are talking about 16ths at quarter = 240 bpm is like 32nds at quarter= 120 bpm (expresed like this because "my" metronome does not go so fast): Me playing a Whole note rolls at that speed:
  5. Alex Sanguinetti

Nice, could you post the video? Thanks!
  6. Alex Sanguinetti

I think It is a good speed. Its about the top speed used at this "Cognizance" song posted after your message. Its almost 16 strokes per second.
  7. Alex Sanguinetti

Sonor website...is it just me?

Are you sure you are at www.sonor.com ?, looks totally normal to me...
  8. Alex Sanguinetti

is improving inevitable

You mean like in Tinder? ❤️
  9. Alex Sanguinetti

is improving inevitable

It is important to note that Kenny Werner is a notable Jazz musician (pianist) born and raised in New York who studied at the Manhattan School of Music and Berklee, his books are excellent, they talk in general about "stage fright", "flow", "zone", etc... but in Drummerworld we are talking about...
  10. Alex Sanguinetti

is improving inevitable

1) The first problem you have is that the question is about improving and not about making money. 2) The second is that guys who can play better can also play Money Beat and Simple Fills (just to give examples, Vinnie, Gadd, Weckl, to mention welknown ones who have done wellknown gigs of that...
  11. Alex Sanguinetti

is improving inevitable

@Fluffster "Is improving inevitable?" If you consider that at least 99 percent of the people who buy a drum kit can't play anything other than the "Money Beat" and a couple of simple fills we could really deduce that: "improvement is highly avoidable".
  12. Alex Sanguinetti

Brush Lesson with Jeff Hamilton

Ben Riley is unfortunately not with us since about 7 years.
  13. Alex Sanguinetti

The Fear Of Drum Solos

Dear @WayOldGuy you dont need to justified with me, play whatever you want however you want. Have fun! All the best!
  14. Alex Sanguinetti

The Fear Of Drum Solos

WHY? Did I talk about me? IF YOU READ MY MESSAGE ("most part of members who cannot play solos (generally due to lack of technical proficiency) hate solos.) then , if you don´t hate solos, you are not included in MOST, for you to be included it should say "ALL" and not "MOST", you only cannot...
  15. Alex Sanguinetti

The Fear Of Drum Solos

The "General Philosophy of the Drummerworld Forum" has been clearly stated, for the most part of members who cannot play solos (generally due to lack of technical proficiency) hate solos. That is called in the music circles "The Philosophy of The Fox and the Grapes" from Aesop's fable.
Back