Football Soccer World Cup

Good luck tub thumpers in USA, Netherlands, Australia and Argentina!! :D (y)
US didn't fair too well today against the Dutch. It was a gamble to bring such a young team to the WC, but those young lads got some great experience out of this game and time to think about qualifying for the next WC. All in all a decent run, and my personal fav for their 4 games, Sergino Dest.

US didn't fair too well today against the Dutch. It was a gamble to bring such a young team to the WC, but those young lads got some great experience out of this game and time to think about qualifying for the next WC. All in all a decent run, and my personal fav for their 4 games, Sergino Dest.
Yes, gave it a real good go and did their country proud. Will be interesting to see how the squad progresses over the next few years… :) (y)

Really good performance and another clean sheet

Real test on Saturday in France but I think with the quality we have on the pitch and on the bench the team have a good chance to progress to the last four.

However, Mbappe and Giroud are both on fire at the moment with 8 goals between them in this tournament so it will be tough. They are really strong at the back too (my boy Konate is playing really well when picked)

England are looking calm, composed and confident so we shall soon see what happens. Shame to hear Sterling is going home due to family matters, as he’s a good option to have.

All in all, a really good job tonight.

Last edited:
Really good performance and another clean sheet

Real test on Saturday in France but I think with the quality we have on the pitch and on the bench the team have a good chance to progress to the last four.

However, Mbappe and Giroud are both on fire at the moment with 8 goals between them in this tournament so it will be tough. They are really strong at the back too (my boy Konate is playing really well when picked)

England are looking calm, composed and confident so we shall soon see what happens. Shame to hear Sterling is going home due to family matters, as he’s a good option to have.

All in all, a really good job tonight.
This ^^^^^^^^^

I can finally say I'm excited to watch France and England play!!!!!!

Mbappe is easy to shut down, teams do it every year in ECL, but like you said, Giroud is absolutely smoking right now as well, and defending against both of them will be a challenge. If England can just force Griezmann to hold the ball it will be an easy day...LOL

This ^^^^^^^^^

I can finally say I'm excited to watch France and England play!!!!!!

Mbappe is easy to shut down, teams do it every year in ECL, but like you said, Giroud is absolutely smoking right now as well, and defending against both of them will be a challenge. If England can just force Griezmann to hold the ball it will be an easy day...LOL
Oh god no, in something like 50 Champions League games he’s scored 34 goals, and in a total of 11 World Cup matches in his career so far he has 9 goals, which are both just insane stats. He’s a really special player.

Him and Haaland are probably the most in form strikers in the world at the moment. He showed today with his second goal what happens when he’s given the ball, marked by multiple players in the box and can still create space and score.

If England focus on Mbappe too much then Giroud is there, also having a great tournament. Englands midfield is in fine scoring form too though, it’s great to see goals coming from both the forwards and from midfield. It’s a really good team with goals across the pitch, so far (not counting the USA match!)

Whoever wins it could be a really tight match but the winner will be deserved. Both teams are playing really well.

Last edited:
Oh god no, in something like 50 Champions League games he’s scored 34 goals, and in a total of 11 World Cup matches in his career so far he has 9 goals, which are both just insane stats. He’s a really special player.

Him and Haaland are probably the most in form strikers in the world at the moment. He showed today with his second goal what happens when he’s given the ball, marked by multiple players in the box and can still create space and score.

If England focus on Mbappe too much then Giroud is there, also having a great tournament. Englands midfield is in fine scoring form too though, it’s great to see goals coming from both the forwards and from midfield. It’s a really good team with goals across the pitch, so far (not counting the USA match!)

Whoever wins it could be a really tight match but the winner will be deserved. Both teams are playing really well.
Yeah, I don't disagree that Mbappe is arguably the best player on the pitch today, and Halaand is up there for sure as well.

But teams with a quality defense know how to compensate for his insane speed and/or mark him adequately in the final third to nullify his attack. That was sort of my point with England. This is the first team France has played that has the ability to keep Mbappe and Giroud contained (hopefully). Then we can see if Dembele, Tchouaméni, and god help us all, Griezmann can step up.

All in all I think it will be a fantastic game, the best so far this WC if both teams come with their best performance.

Good game today, though Senegal's defense seemed pretty shabby at times.
Why is England always in white uniform?

England didn't play well against Senegal but got the result, Senegal crumbled as they went behind. One commentator said "bring on France" and I don't share his optimism. Playing badly but getting the result is a good quality to have in the locker, but France will take opportunities that lesser teams aren't capable of if England don't raise their game.

Good game today, though Senegal's defense seemed pretty shabby at times.
Why is England always in white uniform?

White is England's "home" colour so if they're designated as the home team in the draw they get to wear white. Alternatively if the other team is designated as the home Team and their home strip would clash with England's away strip then England get to wear white again, it's the same with all other Teams.

Back