New Oriollo snare drum on the way

ZinnmanRN2

Phantom 65 in Glossy Vintage Bell. Oriollo TriDrop drum lugs - casted of 316 stainless steel, polished in mirror finish. Triple-flanged hoops. Script badge. Oriollo’s 19 strand Classic snare wires. Stoked is an understatement 🥁

Attachments

• A8CC6086-720B-4E2A-A1A1-C1ECC355AC36.jpeg
    A8CC6086-720B-4E2A-A1A1-C1ECC355AC36.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 26
Nice! May it give you years of musical joy! Peace and goodwill.

which Oriollos do you have, and what are the cast ones? What’s your favorite Oriollo? Man…..i’m still waiting on mine to arrive

I have a cast brass 15x6.5, spun copper 15x5.5, spun brass 14x6.5, and a spun copper 14x5. The cast brass is my favorite, it’s not a snare drum, it’s a SNARE DRUM. 15” cast drums are an undiscovered treasure, IMHO

I have a cast brass 15x6.5, spun copper 15x5.5, spun brass 14x6.5, and a spun copper 14x5. The cast brass is my favorite, it’s not a snare drum, it’s a SNARE DRUM. 15” cast drums are an undiscovered treasure, IMHO
Nice arsenal. 15” ers kewl. Bet it is a SNARE DRUM! Now you planted a 15” in my brain……gotta RESIST at least for a while 🫣

I have a cast brass 15x6.5, spun copper 15x5.5, spun brass 14x6.5, and a spun copper 14x5. The cast brass is my favorite, it’s not a snare drum, it’s a SNARE DRUM. 15” cast drums are an undiscovered treasure, IM
how long did it roughly take to get your drums? mine was picked up 11/7 and last update is from 11/9 customs and time of year? thanks

how long did it roughly take to get your drums? mine was picked up 11/7 and last update is from 11/9 customs and time of year? thanks

3 of them I bought used from sellers in the US. The one I bought new was about 6 years ago, so the customs process may be longer now. It took about 2 weeks to clear customs for my Oriollo drum

I love watching the way they make the spun drums.

I’m not sure it’s clear in the video, but copper and copper alloys like brass/bronze are MUCH more time-consuming to work with than steel or aluminum. Copper work-hardens and gets brittle VERY easily, and then breaks. It has to be reheated at least once during the spinning process to soften it again, maybe more than once.

Come man, we need some pics! And if you're up for it, maybe a review since you've had it for a month now. :D

-Jonathan

Back