Anyone done buying gear here?

I buy the gear that I need to keep me on the road, but right now, that only includes the consumables (heads and sticks). At this point, I'm looking to sell a couple of kits and not replacing them.

I'm have about 3 years experience of not buying gear. I don't miss the need to own more gear. What I have will more than cover anything I might encounter

Is it possible to be happy without adding to the collection?

You betcha

Looking to offload a 5 piece (no snare) 2008 Collectors maple w/ an exotic veneer (olive ash burl) kit for 2 grand 10,12,14,16,22

Only if I need something. I've whittled my gear down to only what I use & IF it breaks or is in need of replacement, then I'll buy something.
I'm pretty much done buying as I have what I use.

Never say never, but I’m at a point in which gear is my least favorite aspect of drumming. Even thinking about it causes me anxiety. I blame gear manufacturers (and YouTube) constantly telling me I need something ”better”. They’ve worn me out. I don’t want want to buy it, improve it, move it, store it, tune it, think about or read about it. I’ve never been more into drumming than I am now, but it’s all focused on playing and being a better player. That’s how it began so maybe I’m coming around full circle.

"no no no no I don't ________ it no more"

I've hit Rock well Jazz bottom
gretsch/fat maple sticks/turkish simbols/
I'm fed up/.
Been fed up for about 2 years.
I mean that sincerely
maybe in the Spring

'can't buy anything - and with the $600 cap unless you go nuclear and I don't want to go nuclear- can't sell anything"
It's a holding pattern with no end in sight.
gotta a song for it...

Last edited:
Heck, no. :)

I'm unmarried and have a house in the country all to myself. Space is not an issue. I still have my heart set on owning a set of USA Customs and a set of Classic Maples. Maybe an SQ2, too.

Then there are cymbals. I'd like to give Meinl a try. So many choices!

Last edited:
I *was* done buying gear, but I realized I missed playing “catch and release” with gear. I started looking on Craigslist again, bought a few snares and cymbals, and now I’m officially back into it.

I’m totally content with the gear I have now, but this is just something I realize I like to do for fun. Also, if I find something I really like, I’d be willing to keep a couple more drums around.

I sold/bought quite a bit this year (at least by my standards)....I suppose I'm trying to transition. For the most part, everything I got was discounted...and the gear I sold, I was able to say thank you and good bye.

H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS NO! That's like giving up. And there can be only one response to that:

901 GIF

Back