Neil Peart's Hometown Is Readying a Statue.

It's an awesome gesture, but is it a good likeness? ... To me, the image of the older Professor looks more like Andy Griffith. Does the younger one look like Paul Rudd?

Without the suggestion, I only see Peart initially. But with the consideration that it looks like Griffith, yeah, it resembles him too. Seems like a familiar image of him with a guitar.

It's an awesome gesture, but is it a good likeness? ... To me, the image of the older Professor looks more like Andy Griffith. Does the younger one look like Paul Rudd?

Awful older rendering
Just no

The older Neil is a terrible likeness in this one. The younger one is pretty good.
Not a good likeness either on the previous statue at a drumset at Port Dalhousie..

I think it's excellent, if not a bit over the top. But why not?

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to design my own headstone. It will have a practice pad-like surface, and an engraved snare exercise titled "Practice This". I'll require my children to keep a fresh pair of sticks available for any who pass by.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to design my own headstone. It will have a practice pad-like surface, and an engraved snare exercise titled "Practice This". I'll require my children to keep a fresh pair of sticks available for any who pass by.
...the music consists of a full bar rest, repeating?

I like it!

Last edited:

LOL! :)

This is a great idea! Anybody passing by that headstone will smile (and maybe practice some single stroke rolls)! :)

Back