Weird Al Trailer

That trailer cracked me up!

Absolutely love the approach and Daniel just nailed it.

Hope its a big hit!

And what we should really expect regarding Weird Al a great entertainer. Were any of you involved in creative process-or at least Al?
And how is your next book going?
The band did some music for the movie, and I supplied some stills for the end credits. Al co-wrote and co-produced the movie, so he's all over it.

Know who I feel bad for in the Weird Al story? Rick Derringer. Guy produces Al and gets hits, then produced a huge album for WWE, and for so e reason, despite a huge career in rock and roll in the 60s and 70s, couldn't get any mainstream acts to produce once he became a hit producer.

Was releasing the film on ROKU instead of a relevant streaming service also a parody? I hate commercials. They are like those door knocking salesman that interrupt your peace, trying to sell you solar panels or some other crap you don't need.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the film, and I'm not asking for my money back. The cameos were great, especially Conan and Emo!

Was releasing the film on ROKU instead of a relevant streaming service also a parody? I hate commercials. They are like those door knocking salesman that interrupt your peace, trying to sell you solar panels or some other crap you don't need.
Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the film, and I'm not asking for my money back. The cameos were great, especially Conan and Emo!
You have to go with whoever is interested and Roku was.

You have to go with whoever is interested and Roku was.
Admittedly, I don't know much about the movie streaming business. I do know that Radcliffe and Yankovic are both household names. It seems to me that Netflix or HBO would have been a better choice than Roku.

Loved the movie! The pool scene was probably my favorite. Jack Black as Wolfman Jack, Conan, etc. And enjoyed all the music-related references, like The Doors scene. The photos at the end were great, too. I laughed, I cried....:p Very well done.

Admittedly, I don't know much about the movie streaming business. I do know that Radcliffe and Yankovic are both household names. It seems to me that Netflix or HBO would have been a better choice than Roku.
You know, it’s really easy to predict a movie about Weird Al Yankovic would be a good one now that it’s out and well liked overall ;). But it didn’t trigger some big bidding war between all these streaming companies. And Roku wasn’t even offering much of a budget. They had like 18 days worth of cash to shoot it. But they did it, it looks like it crushes from the trailer, and hopefully I will watch it tomorrow night.

This will be a lot of fun, it's not just for Al fans. We're getting a private screening of the next-to-final cut tonight, including some scenes that will be deleted. :)
Bermuda, I watched the movie of Weird Al the day of the premiere on Roku. I was wondering how much of the movie was true until I went to the beginning of the thread and you said almost none of it, so that answers that question.

But because you're a drummer and I'm more drawn to that, I was excited for you that you became the "famous drummer/photographer" because of Weird Al! "Rock On" drum buddy!

Drummer_D

Last edited:
Loved the movie. So weird! The pool scene and the dad going after the accordion salesman. 😂 Too funny.

It's interesting to watch alone vs with an audience. I've done both, and parts that I thought were a bit dramatic got lots of laughs in front of a crowd!

It's very well-acted, worth watching from a critical standpoint if not just for enjoyment. :)

Back