Be careful with Amazon cymbal purchases

Or better yet, don't order ANY drum gear from Amazon—or anywhere else that isn't a drum or music retailer. You're just asking for trouble, whether it's poor packaging, receiving returned/damaged gear, or even fake gear.

There was a thread about a guy who ordered a set for a super deal and didn’t get one of the drums, and found out that it was sent to another customer because Amazon employees didn’t recognize that it was one set in two boxes. So Amazon takes the returns, but won’t let either one buy the whole set for some reason.

Reminded me of my Zildjian shipment. They did a great job installing the rivets, but the cymbal was not secure whatsoever on the return and just loose in a box. There was a cheap pizza saver like thing to keep it secure but did fell off, luckily not damaged like this though.

This reminded me of when I was in high school, I had a 17" Zildjian Paper Thin Crash......and of course it developed a crack along a casting line. Being a broke HS kid I reached out to Zildjian since they were local to me (lived in MA).......they were great told me to send it back to them in a Pizza box..... They sent me a new one in a few days......

Been playing mostly Zildjian ever since.

DCP........never order from anywhere else if I can avoid it. Plus I can drive there in 1hr......
I've received not one, but two damaged snare drums from Drum Center of Portsmouth due to poor packaging. The first time they worked with me a little (though short of sending out another undamaged drum) but the second time they left me twisting in the wind without doing anything at all. I won't order another expensive item from DCP again.

I've received not one, but two damaged snare drums from Drum Center of Portsmouth due to poor packaging. The first time they worked with me a little (though short of sending out another undamaged drum) but the second time they left me twisting in the wind without doing anything at all. I won't order another expensive item from DCP again.
I'm sorry to hear that happened. I've always had great experiences with them but I fully understand and respect the fact that not all situations go well and if I encountered that I too wouldn't return.

Well they convinced me to get a replacement.... Which showed up today.... Also damaged lol. Basically the same area, looks almost exactly the same except I know for sure these were two different cymbals because the first one had two separate damaged areas and this one only has one. This one also has a small surface scratch the other one did not. Over $300 worth of total merchandise and 2 cymbals in the garbage over laziness. I'm definitely getting a refund this time and not a replacement.

IMG_20221024_193724706.jpg

Well they convinced me to get a replacement.... Which showed up today.... Also damaged lol. Basically the same area, looks almost exactly the same except I know for sure these were two different cymbals because the first one had two separate damaged areas and this one only has one. This one also has a small surface scratch the other one did not. Over $300 worth of total merchandise and 2 cymbals in the garbage over laziness. I'm definitely getting a refund this time and not a replacement.
I often try to complain to a person when having a bad experience, hoping they would fix whatever they're doing. You could explain how you can't get a replacement, because they keep breaking each. They usually give a few dollars and copy-paste an apology, but who knows.
It's getting more and more difficult to find the chat support.. currently it's (go bottom on desktop) Help / Help with something else / Something else / I need more help. Then comes the infinite loop with the bot, but if you have a chance to say "human", one will show up.

Last edited:
Come on, 3rd time is the charm!
About to be more like 1st time for Memphis drum shop haha.

On the real though, they have the cymbal in stock and the free shipping should have it here by Thursday which is important to me because got two gigs back to back this weekend. Plus I've watched their awesome videos for years so it's about time I threw them some bones.

I often try to complain to a person when having a bad experience, hoping they would fix whatever they're doing. You could explain how you can't get a replacement, because they keep breaking each. They usually give a few dollars and copy-paste an apology, but who knows.
It's getting more and more difficult to find the chat support.. currently it's (go bottom on desktop) Help / Help with something else / Something else / I need more help. Then comes the infinite loop with the bot, but if you have a chance to say "human", one will show up.
Yes just a couple years ago the option to speak over the phone was all over their website, it is slowly being buried and buried and buried. I was able to get someone today, they sent a note to the seller, set up the refund (that is the easy part, I can do that myself), and gave me a $10 digital credit for the hassle.

It's worth noting that after playing mostly Zildjian and some Sabian my whole life that this Paiste just feels and looks sooo nice to the touch. The lathing is so delicate and precise. They really know what they are doing with B8. I am especially impressed with the depth of tone and nuance from a budget cymbal, even mid range Zildjians can some times be kinda 'blah'.

Back